What colours/genetic things can you tell me about these roosters?

He must be from the Orpington, then (right, @Amer ?). Assuming that’s the case, his offspring will have a lot of red, and some might turn out to have a messy duckwing sort of pattern, because of his legbar parent. Female offspring could have some duckwing patterning on their backs and chest. If bred to a silver hen, his male offspring will be gold/silver split (appearing mostly silver). Half of his offspring will be barred.
Can you show me an example of messy ducking patterning? And what is a silver hen? I am picturing grey but I know that is called blue? or lavender... so Im confused as to what silver looks like? Do any of the pullets in my post #6 have barring? Thanks!

Can you show me an example of messy ducking patterning? And what is a silver hen? I am picturing grey but I know that is called blue? or lavender... so Im confused as to what silver looks like? Do any of the pullets in my post #6 have barring? Thanks!
#3 shows a messy duckwing pattern. The pattern of welsummer is gold duckwing and legbars are barred gold duckwing (with the cream gene). Black Beard shows a pretty good duckwing pattern, though his color is mixed (gold/silver split).
@RoostersAreAwesome

I would like to achieve colours like this... which rooster would you recommend I breed these hens to?
The hen on the right in the last picture appears to have a nice duckwing pattern too.
The base duckwing pattern has many names. Wildtype, black breasted red, (light) brown, and red are some examples. For instance, light brown leghorns, red dorkings, and black breasted red old English game bantams are all the same variety/pattern: gold duckwing.

Silver in chickens is white. The weird thing is, not all white chickens are silver. There are other types of white, called dominant white and recessive white. There’s also white patterns, like barring and mottling, which aren’t silver either.
Silver isn’t a pattern, it’s a color. Black Beard would have silver (he also has gold, but since silver is dominant, he looks mostly silver). The first and last rooster, however, don’t have silver. Also, the pullet in the second picture of your other post is silver.

Barring is the white stripes/bars on the third rooster. It’s also responsible for the stripes on the two potential sires of Black Beard- Snowman and Goldwing. None of your other pictured roosters or hens show barring.
Barring can be seen in barred rocks, crele old English game bantams, legbars, and bielefelders, to name a few. It’s a dominant sex-linked gene.

Oh, and I forgot to add on my other posts- if you didn’t already know, lavender is recessive. Any first generation crosses invoking your lav orps won’t show lavender. Lav orps, genetically, are black with two copies of the lavender gene. So crossing to them is just like crossing to a black chicken. However, if you cross a lav orp back to their offspring, or cross the lav orp’s offspring together, then the recessive lavender gene will start showing up again.

Here’s an Easter egger with what I would consider a messy duckwing pattern (not my picture):
9CD3625A-6B0B-4C35-A092-EF1F2AE6008A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom