What could have done it?

jbrianchamberli

Songster
5 Years
May 13, 2014
We still have no clue what killed one of our hens. No one say anything, they just noticed her flopping around in the bottom of the run. The door was open and I only kept them fenced in. By the time my son got down there she had died with a big gash in her neck. There was some blood of course but nothing else. I have a friend who's a hawk expert (he rehabilitates them) and he said he didn't believe it was a raptor.

We still have no clue what killed one of our hens. No one say anything, they just noticed her flopping around in the bottom of the run. The door was open and I only kept them fenced in. By the time my son got down there she had died with a big gash in her neck. There was some blood of course but nothing else. I have a friend who's a hawk expert (he rehabilitates them) and he said he didn't believe it was a raptor.
Hmm... interesting mystery you have there!

First off I am so sorry about your loss :hit

My guess would it may have been some kind of mammal like a fox, or maybe a coyote? One of my roosters had died from a similar case as yours by a hawk, so that might be worth reconsidering. :confused:

Good luck in finding out what happened!

-Justin

Back
Top Bottom