What could have happened?

I want to find another duck around the same age or older. The only problem is I have no idea where to find one. There are none in my area. I guess I could post a looking for in the buy and sell area and see if anyone is kinda close to me?

Thanks everyone.
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

A new friend is def in order though. Type "your city + craigslist" into the search engine. Then go to farm + garden and that's where I usually find oodles of ducks!

We found two Pekin Ducks. My husband and son went and got them today. I am not sure how old they are, but the guy said that they were under two.I wish I knew there ages. One looks younger than the other and not fully grown. He said they were both female but I don't knopw how he would know because they still look young. They are terrified of us though :( I hope that with time they won't be as scared. I didn't realize how tame Lucky and Toki were until now. Toki is smaller than both of them but that's because of the difference in breeds. At first Toki tried to bite at them, but seems to have stopped. I just checked on them in their pen and Toki is sleeping by himself and the other two are cuddled together. I hope they become less afraid with each day. Toki follows us around and I hope they will eventually do that. I tried feeding them peas and they wouldn't eat them. I guess they have never had them before. They did eat duck food though. Now I need to figure out some names.

We found two Pekin Ducks. My husband and son went and got them today. I am not sure how old they are, but the guy said that they were under two.I wish I knew there ages. One looks younger than the other and not fully grown. He said they were both female but I don't knopw how he would know because they still look young. They are terrified of us though :( I hope that with time they won't be as scared. I didn't realize how tame Lucky and Toki were until now. Toki is smaller than both of them but that's because of the difference in breeds. At first Toki tried to bite at them, but seems to have stopped. I just checked on them in their pen and Toki is sleeping by himself and the other two are cuddled together. I hope they become less afraid with each day. Toki follows us around and I hope they will eventually do that. I tried feeding them peas and they wouldn't eat them. I guess they have never had them before. They did eat duck food though. Now I need to figure out some names.
Congrats!! and be patient with them new place new people very scary. Just do everything at slow speed, spending as much time as you can just sitting with them offering treats they will warm up over time. And Toki will have 2 new buddies thats great.

Back
Top Bottom