What crosses should I try?

Galaxy_rules

🌸🌱Galaxy🌱🌸
Premium Feather Member
May 29, 2023
Canada 🍁
Anyone have some ideas on a cool looking chicken mix? Well, let me know and I might try for it in mid/late 2024. I will me selling all offsprings locally. Hopefully 🤞 I will have this breed selection by next ( 2024 ) spring ( Early June ) but breeds in bold writing will only be old enough for breeding in late 2024 & early 2025. 👇

Easter egger hen ( orange )
bantam RIR hen ( red )
australorp hen ( black )
australorp pullet ( black )
australorp cockerel ( black )
australorp cockerel ( blue )
australorp pullet ( blue )
silkie hen ( white )
silkie hen ( white )
silkie ? ( white )
silkie cockerel ( white )
blue red laced Wyandotte pullet ( blue red laced )
lav Orpington pullet ( lavender)
Cochin pullet ( blue )
salmon favorolle ( salmon orange )

I have a bantam RIR hen ( red ). She's always running towards me if she sees me. Longing for treats.

There's more to chicken than the looks. Character is super important if you mix several breeds. I know the bantam RIR's I had were nice and social. I was really sorry I had to give away my RIR cockerel. He was a real nice guy. But unfortunately he was too loud for my neighbors.

I wouldn't mix breeds that are known to be very friendly with breeds that are known to be more aggressive. Do look into the breeds-pages for more info.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/reviews/categories/chicken-breeds.2/

Here's a Silkie X EE I hatched along time ago.
20200806_172258.jpg

I have a bantam RIR hen ( red ). She's always running towards me if she sees me. Longing for treats.

There's more to chicken than the looks. Character is super important if you mix several breeds. I know the bantam RIR's I had were nice and social. I was really sorry I had to give away my RIR cockerel. He was a real nice guy. But unfortunately he was too loud for my neighbors.

I wouldn't mix breeds that are known to be very friendly with breeds that are known to be more aggressive. Do look into the breeds-pages for more info.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/reviews/categories/chicken-breeds.2/
Ok, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom