What did you build or make today?

deadendacres

In the Brooder
Jan 28, 2015
Indiana
Thought this might be a fun thread, to see what people are building or making day to day.

Obviously we have a section for chicken related items, but how about other things?

I'm in, I build things everyday (and honestly get bored sometimes) here's what I've done recently.
cut pistol cartridges so my wife and daughter could make earrings with them.

I made a Solomon braided paracord lanyard for the hatchet we carry when going into our woods! I don't have a picture but I'll take one tomorrow. It fits like a belt around my husband's waist or across the body. I also made a failed attempt at a new fruit leather recipe, as well as successful batch of banana chips and dried peaches. And a vertical nipple waterer for my chickens but I still have to fill and hang it...

Last edited:
Wood chips, lots of wood chips.
lau.gif

We cut down a couple of trees and trimmed up an OLD apple tree hoping to make it produce fruit. I pulled out the chipper/shredder and made mulch for the garden.
Next chore is to contact the neighbor and clean out his horse run-in for him. I need to get me some rabbits for manure! That is the best stuff on earth.

Hey, BBrady, if I may ask.....how did you make your banana chips? Hubby and I tried making a bunch of them and they were a FLOP!!! I'd like to know how you kept them from browning? A friend of ours told us to mist them with lemon juice, which we did and YUK, they tasted horrid and turned dark anyway. Will you share what you did?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom