What did you do in the garden today?

Home improvements!! We updated some cabinets with exterior paint- it cured well, great finish. We bought this home nearly 2 years ago. Very dated, working on updating it, but it takes time! We are trying to decide if we should add a half bath or not. Both full baths need updating (one is original to the house), and the one is quite large and could be made into a full and a half bath- doors would open up in different areas. But, it’s a headache of a project, and requires hiring a plumber at the very least, so still determining if it there is enough value to us to do the project.

Cookies look fab!

@penny1960 That's a tough one, we're in the same spot - new cabinets or refinish what we have now (they are in fine shape) & then do we paint or stain. I've been deciding for 3 years. :gig

Well decided on wood counters right if I strip them is that too much wood? floors should be done ugly vinyl floors 1964 maybe same as our master bedroom

A friend's husband got an extra deer during bow season and called to tell me they were going to drop it off at the house for me! Since I wasn't going to be home they went ahead and hung it in there yard (where it froze due to temps in the teens over night) and then they dropped it off at my house this morning.
So I came home today from my son's house instead of tomorrow, but didn't get here until after dark. So tomorrow will be spent butchering the deer. The only one I have done before this was a small one my daughter hit with a car a year or two ago. So I'm sure I will be turning to youtube for help!:lau

Good morning gardeners :)

It's about 0230, I'm up with a headache so I made coffee and sat down for some BYC time. Of course it takes me an hour to reply to anything because puppies must play
20191114_025616.jpg

There's a short green carpet where I "planted" the carrots, onions and chives. There's also green stuff growing where the broccoli should be so I'm assuming it's broccoli. We have a few tomatoes starting to ripen, turns out the donor is of the cherry variety. Rabbit poop, anyone use it? Great stuff but I'm wondering when and if I'll need more or if I should use something else too. Thoughts?

No gardening today, I'd like to get a table stripped and prepped for stain. We'll see how that goes, I'm sure there will be an afternoon nap and pizza for dinner.

@Wee Farmer Sarah I didn't know you're a veteran. I'm happy you had a nice meal and thank you for tipping your server. I'm happy he was worth tipping too, some people aren't. Thanks for the recipe too, we like ginger snaps but the recipes I've tried turn out too hard or soft. I want snap, but don't break my teeth!

Back
Top Bottom