What did you do in the garden today?

Today after being gone for 2 weeks on vacation I weeded...and weeded...and weeded...it rained a lot here in Oldham county KY and now I've got mutant weeds. When I pull them up I'm also getting some of my green bean plants. I planted back in the soil will they survive? Is there something I can do so they don't die?

Willow water (if you have willow trees cut a bunch up soak it in water and water your plants with that, its loaded with rooting hormones ) if you don't have willow just lots of water and if possible up the humidity by covering the plants with plastic or milk jugs...

Anyone recognize these? It's been so long since I've lived in berry country that I'm not sure. The berries pull away from the receptacle--so black raspberries? The other one resembles huckleberry, but I'm not sure it is.

Thanks, NEChickenNoob. Your plants are going so fast that I thought maybe a greenhouse start. I am starting indoors as well, got a nice set-up going this winter; but I think I have to work on my soil more: pH too high and I don't know about NPK. Otherwise the soil is good--lots of organic matter.

Anyone recognize these? It's been so long since I've lived in berry country that I'm not sure. The berries pull away from the receptacle--so black raspberries? The other one resembles huckleberry, but I'm not sure it is.

Yes black raspberry . I am not in huckleberry country so no help there .

Thanks, NEChickenNoob. Your plants are going so fast that I thought maybe a greenhouse start. I am starting indoors as well, got a nice set-up going this winter; but I think I have to work on my soil more: pH too high and I don't know about NPK. Otherwise the soil is good--lots of organic matter.
NPK is easy. Buy one of those test kits and you can do pH and NPK for several seasons. As for speed, gourds, squash, tomatoes and pumpkins thrive where I'm at. Lettuce is an indoor start, but is in heavily amended soil. I should get some pics sometime.

Willow water (if you have willow trees cut a bunch up soak it in water and water your plants with that, its loaded with rooting hormones ) if you don't have willow just lots of water and if possible up the humidity by covering the plants with plastic or milk jugs...

No willow trees but we've had rain everyday and it's pretty humid hopefully they'll make it...thanks for the advice...I'm pretty sure I have a black thumb...I'm a beginner gardener...and so far it's a live and learn process each year I have a little better luck...tried okra this year and it didn't come up...sugar peas look pitiful...green beans squash zucchini cucumbers look great! Thinking about trying okra and sugar snap peas in the fall...any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom