What did you do in the garden today?

I wish I could Goodwill it all. He'd probably never notice but it's a lot of stuff from his Dad & his grandparents farm so I'd feel guilty. I should so get over that. :gig
I understand that! There are certain things I don’t touch, particularly things hubs got from his dad or grandparents. I ask him to limit it to his space in the office though. He never dusts and rarely gets rid of things…he’s a borderline hoarder I think lol.

I understand that! There are certain things I don’t touch, particularly things hubs got from his dad or grandparents. I ask him to limit it to his space in the office though. He never dusts and rarely gets rid of things…he’s a borderline hoarder I think lol.
OMG, that is my life story! He has his 'gun room' (named that on the cameras cuz it's where the gun safe is) & any time he brings home something it goes in there. I don't need to dust, clean or vacuum around anything else. He built a 40x20 shop with a half a mezzanine - it's bursting at the seams. Granted, he uses most of it, but sheesh! I could live in a tiny house & would be happy with it. LOL

OMG, that is my life story! He has his 'gun room' (named that on the cameras cuz it's where the gun safe is) & any time he brings home something it goes in there. I don't need to dust, clean or vacuum around anything else. He built a 40x20 shop with a half a mezzanine - it's bursting at the seams. Granted, he uses most of it, but sheesh! I could live in a tiny house & would be happy with it. LOL
I couldn’t quite do a tiny house, I like my space especially big bathrooms and kitchens. But less stuff is definitely a plus.

My creativity is busted. I’ve been sitting outside all week staring at the future duck oasis and I got nothing. No visions of beauty and invitingness. No bright ideas. Nada
Well, when you figure it out I wan't to know what you come up with. :) I need to beautify my duck run next year. Winter is starting to set in here, so I get to watch what you do for these next few months and then copy anything I like come May. 😁

Well, when you figure it out I wan't to know what you come up with. :) I need to beautify my duck run next year. Winter is starting to set in here, so I get to watch what you do for these next few months and then copy anything I like come May. 😁
I moved the pool out there and placed the olive tree where I want it. Maybe that will jump start something.
I’m trying to figure out what else to put out there once the lilac and olive grow up.

I moved the pool out there and placed the olive tree where I want it. Maybe that will jump start something.
I’m trying to figure out what else to put out there once the lilac and olive grow up.
Whatever other plants you put by ducks, I would say stick with plants that are taller than they can reach and woody. Trees, shrubs and bushes worth well. Cacti might work for you. Not sure if a duck would get stuck with thorns though so avoid any that are toxic.

My biggest issue with ducks are poop and mud. And those two mix together always to form the nastiest sludge. You may be much drier in AZ than I am though. My duck run is currently an outdoor deep litter bed of sorts with leaves, straw and wood chips that I'll muck out next year into the compost bins and refill with whatever carbon rich matter I can at that time. Needless to say, it isn't a pretty area with lush greenery. I intend to plant flowers in front of the run fence and would like to plant a short tree in the center of their run. The nutrient soil and water would feed a tree well that didn't mind wet roots. That's my vision for now... gardening a duck run isn't an easy task.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom