What did you do in the garden today?

Frustrated I can't get out and do anything without making the itching worse! So trying to plan and prioritize what needs to be done soon as this junk dries up!
How do yall do your 🥒 plants.
I'm thinking bout growing the squash up vertically since I have such limited space.
Have yall done that or do that with your cucumbers?
That's how I always grow cucumbers. :)

Frustrated I can't get out and do anything without making the itching worse! So trying to plan and prioritize what needs to be done soon as this junk dries up!
How do yall do your 🥒 plants.
I'm thinking bout growing the squash up vertically since I have such limited space.
Have yall done that or do that with your cucumbers?
Always grow ours on a trellis. Full disclaimer: we have terrible luck with most cucumbers due to horrible cucumber beetle numbers. Most cucumbers get wilt or something else and wither and die. But, this year we will try new varieties and plant them later in the season.

Anyone ever mulch their onions? If so, what do you use?
I never have. Onions don't do well with weed competition, so I try to keep them well weeded. They also like a hit of nitrogen fertilizer. That seems counterintuitive if you think of the as a root crop, but the bulbs are really specialized leaves.

If I do any mulching, I'd go for something fairly fine textured.

I never have. Onions don't do well with weed competition, so I try to keep them well weeded. They also like a hit of nitrogen fertilizer. That seems counterintuitive if you think of the as a root crop, but the bulbs are really specialized leaves.

If I do any mulching, I'd go for something fairly fine textured.
I'm having trouble keeping the weeds down because we've had so much rain. Also trying to retain some of the soil moisture when the heat starts spiking back into the 90s. I'm using a little bit of straw right now. I've seen people argue for and against straw so I'm on the fence.... I can always remove it, if needed.

20220526_182515.jpg

That's how I always grow cucumbers. :)

Always grow ours on a trellis. Full disclaimer: we have terrible luck with most cucumbers due to horrible cucumber beetle numbers. Most cucumbers get wilt or something else and wither and die. But, this year we will try new varieties and plant them later in the season.

Everything here gets mulched except the lettuce (because of slugs).

ETA: Oh, squash all goes on a trellis too. I usually grow bush types & they will be grown vertically this year too - I'm so excited about that, lol.
Would LUV to see some pics yall!!!

Back
Top Bottom