What did you do in the garden today?

My garden is under 1 ft of snow as is my unheated G. house..... I have bought soil and trays to get started indoors tho! I may go out there later to convince the hens it is safe and the sky is not falling.

We have tomatoes, peppers etc started in the house. I'm chomping at the bit to get spinach and peas started in the garden but we have been getting rain about every other day so it's to wet to get the tiller in there.

We had almost 70 degrees this past weekend. I knew better but I dug in the dirt and added compost and planted snow peas. It's down to 16 tonight. I figured "snow peas" why not?

tongue.png

Today I did the things to the rest of the garden that I should have done in November - pulled up borders and dumped ash for digging in here in a few weeks.

We had almost 70 degrees this past weekend. I knew better but I dug in the dirt and added compost and planted snow peas. It's down to 16 tonight. I figured "snow peas" why not?

tongue.png

Today I did the things to the rest of the garden that I should have done in November - pulled up borders and dumped ash for digging in here in a few weeks.
Still sounds like progress. Just dig as much as you can while it's dry. You can always blanket the peas.

Keep the pics coming!! I am in the frozen tundra of Mass, and the snow is thick this year. I'm shivering in my house and dreaming of spring!! All the pics are like a quick vaca to FL!!

I have planted 5 small trays of tomatos and 1tray of hot peppers. Put several in the LG incubator to cook!! Hopefully 100 degrees is not too hot. Otherwise the house is running at 55 . . . .. brrrrrr

Keep the pics coming!! I am in the frozen tundra of Mass, and the snow is thick this year. I'm shivering in my house and dreaming of spring!! All the pics are like a quick vaca to FL!!

I have planted 5 small trays of tomatos and 1tray of hot peppers. Put several in the LG incubator to cook!! Hopefully 100 degrees is not too hot. Otherwise the house is running at 55 . . . .. brrrrrr
100 degrees......... wow, that might be a bit much since they only need around 70ish.

I think they might be happier on top of it than in it. But, hey, experimenting, and pushing the envelope is what keeps life interesting. Your peppers might just explode out of that starting mix. Perhaps i'll get around to starting a few seedlings this weekend.

I think they might be happier on top of it than in it. But, hey, experimenting, and pushing the envelope is what keeps life interesting. Your peppers might just explode out of that starting mix. Perhaps i'll get around to starting a few seedlings this weekend.
Amazing that you and I are so close, but the planting season is about 30+ days different.
What'cha plantin'?

Back
Top Bottom