What did you do in the garden today?

Three days of sunshine! Blossoms on tomatoes, dill is starting to forum flowers, lettuce still producing, zucchini heaving blossom end rot issue do to heat and rain. Been drying herbs had use the toaster oven 80% humidity the last week.

Has anybody tried pickled pumpkin pickles?

Sweet potatoes sound wonderful and easy. We didn't do much for the garden this year, I spent a month in Spring on a work assignment in Minnesota so the only things left growing are 3 artichokes in the garden, grapes on the fence and tomatoes in pots on the deck. DH has his own garden where he has pumpkin,sunflowers, corn....he calls it his Haloween garden. Anyway, today I trimmed shoots off the grape vines---so many shoots!---and put a second coat of sealant on the grout and tile in the shower. Whew! That job's done for another year or two. NO chickens anymore, bobcat got 'em. Next time I'll be sure to get a rooster and have a dog around.

guess I planted the purple corn to close to the yellow feed corn

Sweet potatoes sound wonderful and easy. We didn't do much for the garden this year, I spent a month in Spring on a work assignment in Minnesota so the only things left growing are 3 artichokes in the garden, grapes on the fence and tomatoes in pots on the deck. DH has his own garden where he has pumpkin,sunflowers, corn....he calls it his Haloween garden. Anyway, today I trimmed shoots off the grape vines---so many shoots!---and put a second coat of sealant on the grout and tile in the shower. Whew! That job's done for another year or two. NO chickens anymore, bobcat got 'em. Next time I'll be sure to get a rooster and have a dog around.
How did you like Minnesota scenery, people, and how's the cost of living?
Is anybody saving seed from the Dragon peppers?
What happened to all the swimming holes? Use to have six to go to when we were kids not one of them accessible anymore. On the bright side my swing shift case hours have changed going in for straight 24 hrs with pay bump. Best part is I can pick up more cleaning jobs work half days make $20.00 an hour. That's what their paying to clean a toilet and chase cob webs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom