What did you do in the garden today?

Split leaf philodendron is covered. Cut all comfrey plants covered half with pine needles still have the others to do today. Picked some green tomatoes fed the chickens the pumpkins I picked up from friends. In for a break. Looks like rain. The wild luffa will be too small to use unfortunately. Now there’s hundred or so small seeded sponges waiting to grow in spring. Not good.

Hubby and I split wood again today. I swear this pile of wood is like the Widow's flour. If I didn't know better, I'd swear that someone is sneaking into our yard when we are not looking and dumping more wood into our wood pile.

I was also able to steal a few minutes and tear down the hay bale garden. The hay was moved into the garden. Mulched the garlic bed, with a lot left over to be used in the spring.

An other load of bark from wood pile moved to HK mound.

I had decided to remake my raised beds. Having them 4x8 makes them a bit too wide for me to weed easily. In the process of taking them apart to remake into 3x8 beds, I found that most of them had too much termite damage to use. I put these down last fall. I had hoped they would at least 3 or 4 years.

The plan is now to replace them with cement blocks. It will take a little bit more time to get them set up, but they will last. I have one I made a few years ago. It has worked great.

Hubby and I split wood again today. I swear this pile of wood is like the Widow's flour. If I didn't know better, I'd swear that someone is sneaking into our yard when we are not looking and dumping more wood into our wood pile.

I was also able to steal a few minutes and tear down the hay bale garden. The hay was moved into the garden. Mulched the garlic bed, with a lot left over to be used in the spring.

An other load of bark from wood pile moved to HK mound.
Funny I feel the same about the chores list here. :lau

I had decided to remake my raised beds. Having them 4x8 makes them a bit too wide for me to weed easily. In the process of taking them apart to remake into 3x8 beds, I found that most of them had too much termite damage to use. I put these down last fall. I had hoped they would at least 3 or 4 years.

The plan is now to replace them with cement blocks. It will take a little bit more time to get them set up, but they will last. I have one I made a few years ago. It has worked great.
Do you attach them in any way or just sit them next to each other? Pictutes?

I need to pull out the dead morning glory plants from the rose bed before they drop their seeds all over. It's been an uphill battle eradicating them from that particular area the last few years. I think if I pull them out today, I may win the battle for next year. I have a separate bed just for the morning glories, and don't want them in the rose bed.

I've thought about the blocks since termites are a problem here. Do you use rebar or something to stake the blocks so they don't move?

Back
Top Bottom