What did you do in the garden today?

Neither. They produce very little per plant. You need a whole bunch of them to really produce food. I gave up on green beans as well as peas for this reason.

This is how I feel about peas - too much space for little return. But, the beans produce well for me. Of course, some varieties are better than others at production and not turning "bad" quickly.

@chickinlittles @BReeder! @Happy hen lover

One bed with 3 "crops". There are 4 types of green beans. the bed is 16', so 8' per type, and both sides of the bed. We tried 2 "French" type (skinnier), and two regular 'ol green types. We were disappointed in the "French" types - they turned inedible too quickly, like one day they seemed great, but 1-2 days later, they were getting almost dried or slightly woody. But, was able to harvest quite a number of pounds of beans from this one plot - and about 90% of what I harvested was from the regular bean types (not the "french" types). You cant see the carrots in here for all of the beet and green bean foliage, but they are there - easily ignored @chickinlittles
Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 8.09.09 AM.png

@chickinlittles @BReeder! @Happy hen lover

One bed with 3 "crops". There are 4 types of green beans. the bed is 16', so 8' per type, and both sides of the bed. We tried 2 "French" type (skinnier), and two regular 'ol green types. We were disappointed in the "French" types - they turned inedible too quickly, like one day they seemed great, but 1-2 days later, they were getting almost dried or slightly woody. But, was able to harvest quite a number of pounds of beans from this one plot - and about 90% of what I harvested was from the regular bean types (not the "french" types). You cant see the carrots in here for all of the beet and green bean foliage, but they are there - easily ignored @chickinlittles
View attachment 2649396
Great idea!

Back
Top Bottom