What did you do in the garden today?

Saw a flock of meadow larks today.
The market had imported heirloom tomatoes. I grabbed a couple of a variety that seeds are stupid expensive to buy and ship, so I'll add those to the sale and gardening line up.
One is a slicer the other is a paste.
I'm always up for a good paste tomato.

Side note
Stood in line in the city yesterday, for a long awaited, new to the area cookie company. WHOA. overpriced, overhyped, over sized, and icky.

This is thew blue rose we bought at Costco in the spare room.
Also the three hatched so far, 2 EE, 1 Blue Marans.
There are 6 more eggs to hatch in that group.
20230314_114156.jpg
20230314_114747.jpg

Working on assembling a master list of extreme heat/drought tolerant veggies and fruit tree varieties. Intense heat, warm arid desert, borderline desert technically because we get 14 inches of rain each year and not less than 10. I’m taking variety suggestions if anyone wants to @ me, I’d be grateful.

Working on assembling a master list of extreme heat/drought tolerant veggies and fruit tree varieties. Intense heat, warm arid desert, borderline desert technically because we get 14 inches of rain each year and not less than 10. I’m taking variety suggestions if anyone wants to @ me, I’d be grateful.
67C50551-7ED8-4BAC-8B7C-EAD10ADE654A.jpeg

We just got this issue in the mail. The main article is on “dry farming”. Interestingly, melons are actually from arid regions! Anyway, good article. Maybe at your library, or online.

Back
Top Bottom