What did you do in the garden today?

So here's my new layout.
IMG_3336.JPG

IMG_3335.JPG

The plants are nowhere near as impressive as @BReeder! has. Give 'em time. :)

Huh, what a brilliant way to reuse yogurt containers. Never would have thought of that
And then when it's time to plant, take off the lid (bottom), and slide the container up and over the plant. Very little root disturbance.

Some of these containers are on their 3rd year. They last well.

Thats not the stuff I’m talking about ^ up there is it? I’ll get a pic soon…
Nope. You might be dealing with creeping charlie or wild violet. We have creeping charlie here and it is a PITA. Weed and feed helps fight it in the lawn. It's in my rose garden right now though too and I just resort to pulling it there.

Picked up the onion sets I ordered with another BYC member from the IL forum. I have 125 more onions to plant now, and I just realized that I planted peas in the bed I was going to plant these onions. Oops! I'm going to plant then in front of the tomatoes (or where the tomatoes will be in a few weeks rather). The other option is to plant them infront cucumbers and yardlong beans. Tomatoes seem to be a better idea as I can prune the lower branches to give room for the onions if needed.

Picked up the onion sets I ordered with another BYC member from the IL forum. I have 125 more onions to plant now, and I just realized that I planted peas in the bed I was going to plant these onions. Oops! I'm going to plant then in front of the tomatoes (or where the tomatoes will be in a few weeks rather). The other option is to plant them infront cucumbers and yardlong beans. Tomatoes seem to be a better idea as I can prune the lower branches to give room for the onions if needed.

I always put a few onions between tomatoes. they get some shade and prolong the season in my area.

You may not like chemicals but Tri Mec ingredient in any 2 4 D products or Roundup.
Yea, I don’t use any chemical, that why I have so many weeds. 😂 Honestly I overseeded the lawn with clover & that helps & I encourage dandelions as they are the bees first food So I don’t consider them weeds. DH disagrees. 🤣 Thanks for the info, I wonder if I spot treated…
Nope. You might be dealing with creeping charlie or wild violet. We have creeping charlie here and it is a PITA. Weed and feed helps fight it in the lawn. It's in my rose garden right now though too and I just resort to pulling it there.
Yep, creeping charlie! I have just been pulling it but I’m sure its going to take over this year since I can’t bend. I may try my weed puller on it. & yes, we have tons of wild violet too. Was thinking of making jelly with it one of these days then I can consider it useful. 🤭

Today is the day!!

Chick pickup!! First time getting bantams. These will be straight run. I ordered 25 clean-legged and told them to pick only 4 breeds, their choice. Their bantams are exhibition quality, and my experience with their regular sized exhibition quality is that they are very close to APA standard, so hoping for same with the bantams (kid shows chickens in 4H) .

Also ordered more high production layers. These should start to lay before winter.

Back
Top Bottom