What did you do in the garden today?

Yep, I will check the eggs 3X a day when it gets really cold outside. For me, really cold means the temps are down to -20F, or colder.

:idunno I am surprised to read that people won't eat a frozen and cracked egg. I'm not trying to convince anyone to do something that don't want to do, and certainly feeding eggs back to the chickens is not a waste of the eggs, but I would like to better understand what you and others are concerned about?

I have been eating frozen and cracked eggs for years and have never even thought twice about it. We sell our excess eggs to friends of the family, but never a frozen and/or cracked egg. But we eat all the frozen and cracked eggs at home and have never had any negative results.
If the egg isn’t disgustingly dirty and if I know they’ve just cracked and frozen the 1 time, then I’ll use them. Otherwise I’d rather not take the risk.

I had a triple brew coffee pot and bought some Folgers k-cups and found that they have a coffee filter inside of them so I am going to be using them for getting some of my seeds started. Also I will be using egg shells for some seeds. Just thought I could tell everyone about the idea

How would you repackage a few seeds? Without plastic
Why no plastic? Anyway, they make these cheap small freezer vials that can store seeds for a long time. They also, sell small glass vials, but I don't know if we can put those in the freezer. By the way the smaller .50ml is more expensive than the 1ml vials on this link. They cost about 9 cents each and we can buy smaller amounts at seller's store page.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CP7RXGR...UJI8DX&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it_im&th=1

1706296980549.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom