What did you do in the garden today?

What did you do in your garden today?

I picked a bunch of Rattlesnake green beans and Cherokee wax beans, a few tomatoes, three eggplants, some broccoli shoots, and jalapenos. Pretty happy with today's harvest!
thumbsup.gif
Today I moved the girls tractor and picked treats for them. I am trying to water (low and slow due to gusting winds) in yesterday's tractor location to get the girls waste to fertilize the grass.

Many plants we try to grow in spring do better fall planted when day length is getting shorter. Turnips, radish, Chinese cabbage - mustard family and spinach. Will not bolt in the fall.
Thanks! I'm going to try to plant spinach in the fall this year. My plants tend to bolt before I get much from them.

I watered the garden for the first time this year. All the peas are up out of the ground now. The old carrot seeds haven't sprouted, but the ones from a new pack of carrot seeds I bought ARE coming up. Maybe carrot seeds have to be fresh.
I tossed some carrot seeds from my mom's place in the ground. They were packaged in 2015. I really didn't expect them to sprout, especially since they were kept in a shed that was not temperature controlled. But to my surprise, they DID sprout... At least some of them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom