What did you do in the garden today?

Breakfast Special:

Sun Gold Cherry tomato/mushroom cream sauce pizza served with Tycoon and Purple Zebra tomatoes, topped with fresh cut mozzarella cheese, and drizzled with Olive oil. Free gourd sweetened Thai creamed tea with every order.

DSCN0363.JPG

Last edited:
Good afternoon all. Went out and walked through the garden. One of the tomato plants looks half dead and the carrots in there are so so, going to yank em. The news reported an update from the climate prediction center…warmer than usual July through September :rant:rant:rantI’m ready to move. To assuage my irritation I’ve screwed around in the kitchen all day making ferments and bottling syrup.

The news reported an update from the climate prediction center…warmer than usual July through September :rant:rant:rantI’m ready to move.
I'm sorry and we've had warmer, dryer summers too but colder winters. That said, it's still a good climate. *spooky fingers* come to the southern Oregon coast, we have cookies...

See the sprout with the seed coat still on it? (The little green thing next to it is a weed.)
IMG_E6038.JPG

It's a pepper. I have had a lot of seeds do this this year. In years past, these usually dry out and die. The leaves never make it out of the seed coat. I don't know why this happens; maybe because the soil is too cool or too dry?

Anyway, I have saved every one of these by dripping a drop of water onto the seed coat, 2-3 times a day. It keeps the coat from drying out, sticking to the seed leaves. This little guy is now a cayenne pepper seedling.

I like this recipe because it initially uses yeast and there is no discard. This one makes more sense than the one from my copilot. I was able to bookmark this post on this forum's tab under my name. It was my first time using this function. Now I can save stuff I need for reference.
I tried a number of different instructions and this was the only one that made sense.

Back
Top Bottom