What did you do in the garden today?

I found a new way to fruit pineapples using banana gas infused in water. This video has scientific evidence that it does work.

I managed to fruit two pineapples with calcium carbide, and they were grown in 2-gallon pots. The calcium carbide method is faster, but it burns the leaves, and I have some plants that didn't form fruit and the calcium carbide need to be reapplied. However, I will try the banana method this time around.
DSCN0369.JPG

Got the melon seeds in today (thank you @Acre4Me).
Yay!! I hope they work out well for you!

PEE-U….GAG! Farmer is fling cow shtuff in the field behind us. Now THAT is a powerful smell. It should rain an hopefully tamp down that smell. Animals still needed water and food, so I was not spared from the smell. :sick

Weird egg found today. Curved and with “stretch marks” not completely healed…

IMG_4850.jpeg

Yay!! I hope they work out well for you!

PEE-U….GAG! Farmer is fling cow shtuff in the field behind us. Now THAT is a powerful smell. It should rain an hopefully tamp down that smell. Animals still needed water and food, so I was not spared from the smell. :sick

Weird egg found today. Curved and with “stretch marks” not completely healed…

View attachment 3823466
We call that country fresh. Smells nothing like the room freshener version.
I flung poo last weekend 🤪

I got the rest of the tomato plants in the ground except for one chocolate cherry tomato plant. That is for the grandkids garden. I started on cleaning up the front porch brooder. So much dust. I’m hoping the grass in the backyard is dry enough to mow tomorrow. That plus laundry and starting the peppers and okra indoors. It got up to 71F today. Just a little humid but bearable.

I'm working on cutting the sod out around my heavy soil garden, about 12-15" or so. I'll cover it with "slices" pulled off an old hay bale.

I'm using the sod to fill in low spots in the two-track path through the field. One spot is uphill from the garden, the other is downhill. I took 3 cart loads to the uphill one first. Dang, clay sod is heavy. I took 4 loads to the downhill spot. That sod wasn't as heavy, for some reason. :lau

Back
Top Bottom