What did you do in the garden today?

Well the fog lifted, mostly. Took some photos.
Yesterday got 10 raspberries planted across the back.
View attachment 3824187View attachment 3824188
Moved the 6 Swamp Milkweed plants to the wildflower garden.
View attachment 3824189
Got the Marigolds planted in 3 pots by the chicken coops.

See where I can plant creeping Thyme?
View attachment 3824192View attachment 3824195

I did weed the wildflower areas, pulled out as much nutsedge as I could without disturbing the flower seedlings.

This morning...my muck boots stink! I put some baking soda, baking powder & Lavender oil in them...ugh, they still stink. Any suggestions? Maybe rip out the sole, spray with white vinegar & put new soles in? How do boots get that musty smell? My socks were wet at the end of the day, too. Darn boots must have pinholes...they don't last forever. 😒
Vinegar for sure, any tea tree oil? That's suppose to help fungus. Just a thought.

That little tree frog...should've been hiding as the sun just popped out for a bit. He hopped about 20 feet & sat on a plastic trellis staring at me, then joined me on the bench!
20240507_112309.jpg

I Googled this little reptile & learned Gray Tree Frogs need a constant water source. He climbed onto my hand & we took a walk over to a pond. I place him on a tree. He promptly climbed down the tree trunk & got into the water & is still soaking as we speak. Lol What a cutie! Better watch out for those turtles dude!
Ok back to gardening for me!

20240507_114607.jpg 20240507_112705.jpg 20240507_112701.jpg 20240507_113536.jpg

Vinegar for sure, any tea tree oil? That's suppose to help fungus. Just a thought.
I might just toss them in the washing machine, then spray with white vinegar & set on the deck in the sun. Then once I find that little bottle of tea tree oil, spray that in there too. Definitely buying some fresh inserts!

Hmmm, was that frog trying to tell me he needed water, or trying to tell me my feet stink? 😆 🤣 😂

Last edited:
I've been thinking about options. I want something that will reach at least 6' high but tolerate shade. And heat.
Shade & heat? If you're in the right climate. Forget the name of that plant I see every summer, people put them in pots here because they have to take them indoors for our winters. A type of palm? I don't know...you looking for something thick for privacy? A nice evergreen maybe?
Screenshot_20240507_123958_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Wait, there's such a thing as NOT being covered in windblown dirt/sand/dust/manure?! Huh.....:: penning note to Nebraska::

Cincinnati chili and cheese are all in the freeze dryer.
The oven is on self clean mode.
The second load of laundry in twirling in the washer.
The livestock is all out sunning.
The alpacas have been dusted for flies. (it rained again last night, not complaining)
I'm spending the day building 2/4 wire rings around my apple trees, damn deer.
FYI my TSC had ball jars on sale. No idea why as we're approaching canning season again. But 10 and 12$ a dozen is better than the 18 they were charging.
Beans and corn should be popping up this week.

I sat my tomato plants outside this morning to continue the hardening off process. They will go into the garden in two days, Thursday.
IMG_4013.JPG

I mixed up a half gallon of diluted Miracle Grow fertilizer and gave all the up-potted plants a shot of food, including my daikon bucket.

The black currant cuttings are looking good, and three of the native red huckleberry cuttings seem to have rooted and are growing. Note the curious chickens in the background...

IMG_4014.JPG

The potted chive clump isn't doing as well as the chives in the garden. I'll probably add the blossoms to a salad when they open up.

Hmm, just had a thought. Deep fried chive blossoms???

IMG_4017.JPG

On the windowsill, left to right... Crocosmia started from seed, flat leaf parsley, peppers X 6 (jalapeno/bell), curley parsley X 2, and marjoram X 2.

IMG_4012.JPG
IMG_4011.JPG

Shade & heat? If you're in the right climate. Forget the name of that plant I see every summer, people put them in pots here because they have to take them indoors for our winters. A type of palm? I don't know...you looking for something thick for privacy? A nice evergreen maybe?
View attachment 3824317
Privacy mainly, has to handle heat and humidity, lots of rain and aforementioned shade. The hollies were perfect, but I don't want to wait 20 years, I probably won't be here by then.

Ha old eyes I saw ring tail and thought coon! That is one ugly coon@#$&-$#!! 😂
Yup, without glasses looks like an ole balding coon, can still see stripes but no longer furry. I thought so, too, til I saw the face...then I was like, Wait...you've got anteaters or aardvarks at your place??? I need some here for my fireants! 😆

Look at the faces! They gotta All be cousins! 😆 🤣 😂

https://www.diffen.com/difference/Aardvark_vs_Anteater

https://a-z-animals.com/blog/armadillo-vs-anteater-the-key-differences/

https://thedailywildlife.com/animals-that-look-like-anteaters/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom