What did you do in the garden today?

Does anyone know what to do with an over risen dough? I had my dough proofing in my Brevil oven at 85F for 30 minutes, but I didn't hear the buzzer go off, so it must have gone an hour.
View attachment 3830942
I mix it up, adding a little more sugar and get out of its way again. Sometimes it works just fine, sometimes not.

Good choice on canner I have that very one for years now. You truly can stack pints in it in 2 layers. You never know when you're going to have a chance to spontaneously can up some stuff.
Thank you. Yeah I needed my own, and I got the 23qt because of that exact thing. If I'm going to can, I'm going to process as many jars at a time as I can. I don't have central air so it's important to heat the house as little as possible.
I bought one to plant at the base of one of the giant stumps.
Ooooo! Hollow out a spot in the center of the stump and use it as a planter.
Today, I was looking at my Genovese Basil sprouts and in a small pot next to it there were some tomato sprouts, but I thought they were volunteers, so I pulled them out and right after I threw them on the ground, I remembered that I planted some Princess Yum Yum F2 or third generation seeds from a plant that had round and tear shaped fruit with a softer skin than the original Princess Yum Yum Hybrid. The fruit starts off orange and then turns red, so I think it has been pollinated by a Sun Gold plant.

Next time, I will label them. I didn't think I would forget....................... :wee
I have done this three times in the last month. 🤣😭
Got the components to make my bunny barrier today. I went to two different Home Depots because the tubing I tried to buy at the first one didn’t have a bar code on it and the guy at the register tried to sell it to me for $50 when the shelf said $15. 😒
Pfff. Home Cheapo does it again. I love my local Home Desperate, but they do try to pull shenanigans too often these days. And they have way too much stuff stacked out in the isles... It's pretty terrible.
It has been a lifelong dream of mine to see the Aurora. Last night, I got to see them! They were faint, and we had clouds and rain when they were supposed to be at peak, but I was so happy I finally got to see them that I may have shed a few tears of happiness!
They showed up really well in pictures:
View attachment 3828359
Hopefully, we get to see peak tonight/tomorrow morning!

About the BT spray. The reason I asked is that I found a good price for a bulk amount on the Monterrey website, but when I was about to check out, I started to feel less than sure about the website. Having been scammed by a website seeming legit before, I decided to ask people I trust (aka you guys) where you buy it!
I'm so skeptical of unbelievable good prices online. 😂
The big box stores near me don't carry it in a large enough amount to be worth buying, unless in dire need. The Arbico Organics place had the gallon size for a better price than I had been seeing AND they gave me $5 off. So, I'm just waiting, now. I'm excited to do something to get at these flippin' destructo spongy/gypsy moth caterpillars!
Hooray!! I'm so glad I could help you get what you needed. If anything leaks in shipping just take photos and email them. They make it right. I've only ever had one thing leak.
Being that sore always sucks, and it always happens when you get the urge to get good progress done.
For me, especially in the garden. Lol
I'm still having issues with my left hand and fingers after using the saws all for the hot tub. I can't even tear thick paper.
I would trade brome grass for Johnson grass any day. Maybe I'd say differently if I had Johnson, but brome is my number 1, most pain in the butt, hand, and back weed! If I didn't have brome, I would have at least 50% less weeding to do.
We battle the brome here. The city just sent me the annual "mow your $***" letter. 🙄
Good girl.
You think you're done planting... Then garden math kicks in. 🤣

I finally caught up!

I have a mouse eating some of my plants. I'm not amused. I'm going to set up traps in a few days. Too windy for glue boards.

Thank you. Yeah I needed my own, and I got the 23qt because of that exact thing. If I'm going to can, I'm going to process as many jars at a time as I can. I don't have central air so it's important to heat the house as little as possible.
I understand if you could prep stuff early or even prep ingredients the day before . Such as, I cut up roast brown it day before next day heat with scraping and broth then put in jars and cook the next morning when it's not so hot. Or one of those unexpected cold rainy days.

Made it back home right about dusk. Walked down to the garden for a quick walk around in the fading light. Looks like a train wreck... About as I expected. Everything, especially the weeds, are super overgrown from all the rain.

Cuke vines are all over the ground instead of climbing UP the trellis...

Looked like weeds had choked out the new dahlia bulbs in at least one bed.

Lettuce and at least one broccoli look like they bolted.

Tomatoes are in desperate need of pruning.

Out of the 20ish bean plants I seeded, it looks like only 3 or 4 sprouted. I'm thinking that damn gopher got to the others...

Grapes have literally SWALLOWED my Egyptian onions. I badly need to find a way to tie them up....

And the grass needs mowed...but that's really no surprise.

I'll go back out tomorrow after work if it's not raining and take a full assessment.

Made it back home right about dusk. Walked down to the garden for a quick walk around in the fading light. Looks like a train wreck... About as I expected. Everything, especially the weeds, are super overgrown from all the rain.

Cuke vines are all over the ground instead of climbing UP the trellis...

Looked like weeds had choked out the new dahlia bulbs in at least one bed.

Lettuce and at least one broccoli look like they bolted.

Tomatoes are in desperate need of pruning.

Out of the 20ish bean plants I seeded, it looks like only 3 or 4 sprouted. I'm thinking that damn gopher got to the others...

Grapes have literally SWALLOWED my Egyptian onions. I badly need to find a way to tie them up....

And the grass needs mowed...but that's really no surprise.

I'll go back out tomorrow after work if it's not raining and take a full assessment.
One battle at a time! Glad you are home safe.

I understand if you could prep stuff early or even prep ingredients the day before . Such as, I cut up roast brown it day before next day heat with scraping and broth then put in jars and cook the next morning when it's not so hot. Or one of those unexpected cold rainy days.
I prep as much as I can in advance. I've spent many, many 10+ hour days in the kitchen canning. 😂 I try not to do that anymore.

We don't usually have unexpected cold rainy days. When we do, I am in the kitchen. 😁

I would trade brome grass for Johnson grass any day. Maybe I'd say differently if I had Johnson, but brome is my number 1, most pain in the butt, hand, and back weed! If I didn't have brome, I would have at least 50% less weeding to do.

I have both + 10 others + milk thistle. I am thinking how to bring my goats to take care of that. the overgrown area is not fenced and they might easily damage my garden and trees.

Back
Top Bottom