What did you do in the garden today?

Like people who plant privet, wisteria, and honeysuckle deliberately...
:barnie

they are not invasive in my climate. we have to water them here. I would like to have wisteria like this (internet pic):

cvijetni tunel.jpg

In the world of drought, crappy soil, and prairie fires, it's an amazing plant.
I'm glad it does something good. :)If it just stayed out of my gardens...

One thing I've wondered about... the field is full of brome, and other grasses, and hasn't been disturbed in over 30 years (as long as we've lived here) and probably decades longer. So that soil has had decades of grass grow and die and decay, year after year. Yet it is greyish clay, not nice looking soil. LOTS of earthworms, so I know it isn't trash, or the worms would not be there.
:confused:

View attachment 3830884
THIS is why I hate brome. Those white pointy root looking things? Those are called stolons, and are underground stems that can travel up to 3' or more, looking for a place to pop up a new plant. They don't pull up well in heavy soil. The plant breaks free, leaving those to keep growing. :mad:
Those darn weeds! Same with the nutsedge & Bermuda grasses, too. If one tiny piece remains, or of course the seeds get a chance, you'll get more of the weed. I swear my Johnsongrass here is a freaking perennial! 😡

Does anyone know what to do with an over risen dough? I had my dough proofing in my Brevil oven at 85F for 30 minutes, but I didn't hear the buzzer go off, so it must have gone an hour.
View attachment 3830942
Looks familiar...Stuff like this is a normal occurrence in my world.

Not sure why my cooking gets messed up at times...I had a great example to follow. 😆 🤣 😂

Went to Menards yesterday to grab a 6 pack of tomatoes because we had some room still. DD went with.

We came home with 4 6-packs of flowers, 2 6-packs of tomatoes, catawba grape bare root, concord grape bare root, 2 thornless raspberry bare roots, and two bags of chips, which came from a stop at the gas station because DD needed a snack and we didn't get one at Menards.

I think she's got garden fever worse than me...

Back
Top Bottom