What did you do in the garden today?

All the goodies are in the machine.
So probably by Sunday lunchtime - breyers strawberry icecream bites, neopolitan bites, shoo fly cake pieces, and french toast sticks.

It's 91 degrees, and the house has hit 80 - sleepy weather.
(basement room with FDer is only 64 - lucky room)

My older grape vine has yet to fully wake up. I have leaves near the base, but the long branches are still bare. It spreads almost 40 feet across and is 7 years old. Hmmmm.
I noticed my Catawba grapes are full of fruit, but no foliage. Very weird... You can see them here behind the roses

20240517_093518.jpg

My Concords, on the other hand, are a jungle.... And they are just a few feet down the fence from the Catawbas.
20240517_093431.jpg

I noticed my Catawba grapes are full of fruit, but no foliage. Very weird... You can see them here behind the roses

View attachment 3835347

My Concords, on the other hand, are a jungle.... And they are just a few feet down the fence from the Catawbas.
View attachment 3835348
My Concords are going nuts and yes, it's my Catawba that are naked, totally naked. I wonder if the drought and extreme cold we had this winter got her.

There's something germinating in one of the seed cells sitting next to the living room window. I have no idea what it is... I didn't label them. Could be sage, rosemary or ???. I forgot what I planted in one starter tray.

Got a new toy today, a weed burner torch. I hit all the weeds growing through cracks in the asphalt driveway, and at the edge of the pea gravel around the house foundation. Fire is fun! Hahahahahaha!

I scooped leaves and chicken compost out of one of the raised beds. I put too much in last fall.

My Concords are going nuts and yes, it's my Catawba that are naked, totally naked. I wonder if the drought and extreme cold we had this winter got her.
Hmmm, we didn't have either drought or extreme cold.

Maybe they are reacting to something sprayed in the atmosphere? Catawbas seem to be very sensitive to those things. More so than Concords...

Re-sowed the Borage from a different seed packet. We'll see if this one grows anything...

I threw some dill seed in the same general vicinity just to see if something else germinates in that area...

BTW, when I was looking over my tomatoes yesterday, I noticed a bunch of frass on the calendula planted under the tomatoes. Couldn't find the caterpillar though. None of the tomato foliage looks chewed... I would have checked after dark with a black light but we were expecting storms. Frass washed away overnight and I haven't seen anything new. Maybe a munch and done.... 🙏

Back
Top Bottom