Exposed the baby to the chickens or the other way around :confused:

Attachments

• 73337049-281E-44F0-B746-EAE986BD5926.jpeg
    73337049-281E-44F0-B746-EAE986BD5926.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • 828E75F1-B67C-479E-B18D-DE823D56F03F.jpeg
    828E75F1-B67C-479E-B18D-DE823D56F03F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Got pooped on and bonding!! Good thing I went thrift shopping this weekend specifically for poop-friendly pants.... We are in week 5 of chicken motherhood. We are all bonding quite well!!!! My OBSERVATION IS that Luvvie my FRENCH BCM runs through the crowd to be first to climb up on me, every.time. She is so sweet! Then comes Juanita, my Blue LRW also super sweet. Miss Vickie my sapphire olive egger is also very docile, has total confidence in our love for each other. She wants all of me to herself or not at all. She's the big girl, I suspect she was 3 wks or so when the others came as day old hatches. The ones I was having trouble with were the silkies, but today was the day they realized the fun they were missing out on! They all flew out of brooder on their own a straight on to me! I had a lap and an arm full of chicks eagerly fighting for the highest spot AND pooping, so funny. I literally was covered in chicken babies for the first time in my life and it was AWESOME, a day I'll never forget. My 3 silkies I adore and have named them but they were unsexed so I pray everyday they're girls🤞🙏pic of Juanita on my daughter's lap this weekend. Others pics are the chicks curious around Merlot's kennel, my 2yr dwarf lop bunny! And of course the $3 pooped comfy chicken pants. #noregrets
20200513_092333.jpg
20200509_104104.jpg
20200508_091205.jpg
20200508_091228.jpg
20200508_091253.jpg

Last edited:
Got pooped on and bonding!! Good thing I went thrift shopping this weekend specifically for poop-friendly pants.... We are in week 5 of chicken motherhood. We are all bonding quite well!!!! My OBSERVATION IS that Luvvie my FRENCH BCM runs through the crowd to be first to climb up on me, every.time. She is so sweet! Then comes Juanita, my Blue LRW also super sweet. Miss Vickie my sapphire olive egger is also very docile, has total confidence in our love for each other. She wants all of me to herself or not at all. She's the big girl, I suspect she was 3 wks or so when the others came as day old hatches. The ones I was having trouble with were the silkies, but today was the day they realized the fun they were missing out on! They all flew out of brooder on their own a straight on to me! I had a lap and an arm full of chicks eagerly fighting for the highest spot AND pooping, so funny. I literally was covered in chicken babies for the first time in my life and it was AWESOME, a day I'll never forget. My 3 silkies I adore and have named them but they were unsexed so I pray everyday they're girls🤞🙏pic of Juanita on my daughter's lap this weekend. Others pics are the chicks curious around Merlot's kennel, my 2yr dwarf lop bunny! And of course the $3 pooped comfy chicken pants. #noregretsView attachment 2138923View attachment 2138934View attachment 2138949View attachment 2138951View attachment 2138953

Your chicks are adorable! I got pooped on too while I was putting the birds to bed. I can count how many times I’ve been pooped on on one hand, so it came as kind of a surprise. I’ve had quite a few close calls though. At least when they’re asleep. I’ve been pooped on a lot in the day. XD
That’s one of the many reasons I want to put chicken wire in the rafters. Most of my birds sleep in there, poop on the food and water and people, they hurt themselves when they get down, and a few days ago Papa Smurf got stuck up there. I had to get a chair to rescue her. :lol:

Yes they jump in. But that video was taken while I was refilling the tank.
normally when there's ducklings I make sure I keep the water level as full as possible so they can get out. There are cement steps in there too for when the water level does drop-down some.
They have no trouble getting out as long as someone doesn't pick on them and push them under and keep them in.
Yay....

deb

Sorry to say I didnt handle my birds except to inspect for damage or critters free loading. Most were easy to catch but some needed a bird net. Treating a wound is another situation. Even the Guineas are manageable Bird net and towel. But they are usually critter and wound free. Little Reprobates.

That reminds me I need to assemble a first aid kit again. Every thing I had has expired or been lost.

deb

Back
Top Bottom