What did you have for breakfast this morning?

Pics
The leftover beef stroganoff! Score
thumbsup.gif
Fantastic! I love stroganoff!
droolin.gif

Breakfast hasn't happened as of yet, but my grandma is planning to make us omelets and uncured bacon.
smile.png

-Alex

Last edited:
Alex, that sounds like a wonderful breakfast, especially made by your grandma
love.gif
(No one cooks like Grandma!)

Funny about stroganoff...I'd be fine without any meat in it and just have the sauce, noodles, mushroom mixture. DH is more traditional though and wants the beef in it. It's one of the few dinners I actually prepare (I'm the baker, he's the cook) and it was to celebrate his 1st week on a new job. He's doing great!

Alex, that sounds like a wonderful breakfast, especially made by your grandma
love.gif
(No one cooks like Grandma!)

Funny about stroganoff...I'd be fine without any meat in it and just have the sauce, noodles, mushroom mixture. DH is more traditional though and wants the beef in it. It's one of the few dinners I actually prepare (I'm the baker, he's the cook) and it was to celebrate his 1st week on a new job. He's doing great!
Well said! It's true that grandmas are known for being talented cooks, but mine is rather unique in that area. Don't get me wrong, she's fabulous at making some pretty tasty meals, but let me just say that she has a reputation for burning EVERYTHING! You name it, toast, pancakes, waffles, French toast, even macaroni and cheese. There's no mistaking when my grandma's in the kitchen, because it never fails to end up with limited visibility from smoke and risk of asphyxiation.
tongue.png
Goodness gracious, sometimes I think she could burn water! Oh, and with or without beef, stroganoff is delicious.
smile.png

Breakfast this morning was risotto with chicken and peas. Yum!

-Alex

I don't eat breakfast - so for lunch I had 3 candy bars (almond joy and 2 reese's something) then some pecan raisin bread from the store. Several slices later I still haven't found any pecans.

Well said! It's true that grandmas are known for being talented cooks, but mine is rather unique in that area. Don't get me wrong, she's fabulous at making some pretty tasty meals, but let me just say that she has a reputation for burning EVERYTHING! You name it, toast, pancakes, waffles, French toast, even macaroni and cheese. There's no mistaking when my grandma's in the kitchen, because it never fails to end up with limited visibility from smoke and risk of asphyxiation.
tongue.png
Goodness gracious, sometimes I think she could burn water! Oh, and with or without beef, stroganoff is delicious.
smile.png

Breakfast this morning was risotto with chicken and peas. Yum!

-Alex

Your grandma's cooking story reminds me of that old saying, "You know dinner's ready when the smoke alarm goes off"! At least she tries
tongue.png

The risotto sounds tasty.

I don't eat breakfast - so for lunch I had 3 candy bars (almond joy and 2 reese's something) then some pecan raisin bread from the store. Several slices later I still haven't found any pecans.

Maybe they just sort of waved the pecans over the bread
big_smile.png

My breakfast yesterday was a homemade cinnamon roll. There are 2 left so that's what DH and I'll have this morning.

Back
Top Bottom