What did you name your goose?

My big white Emdens name was Gooser Honkala....he was a Finnish goose...we have lots of Finns around here...Finnish ancestry should I say....like me...can't speak much Finnish....but I sure can tell if someone is saying something unflattering to me in Finn...
1f600.png

My big white Emdens name was Gooser Honkala....he was a Finnish goose...we have lots of Finns around here...Finnish ancestry should I say....like me...can't speak much Finnish....but I sure can tell if someone is saying something unflattering to me in Finn...
1f600.png
Can you get some pics I'd love to see some Finnish geese.. I like that name for your Embden.What is the difference between a Embden and a Finnish Embden?

My Embden ganders name is Samson but we all call him Sammy or Sam.

My others are Missy, Babe [both Toulouse] and Toots {Buff} when she honks she sounds like a horn .

Correction -

Sir Gan is my boy.

I do not know if some of these pics will be ok , but I had been taking care of my landlady , her memory failing and one of her biggest loves is the wild geese and Wood ducks that come every year and have babies. Of course they would migrate so I thought we should raise some and they would be around all the time. I had got two Pilgrims from a local lady and brought them home. They were a couple days old Madeleine ,(my landlady),wanted to know if there were more? I said there was one more sister.
So we went back and got the sister , but the deal was we had to take the baby duck who thought she was his mother. My landlady and I raised them in the laundry room until they were old enough to live in the coop I made. We have several ponds here and here is pics of their first time in the pond with Madeleine.She talked to them and asked them to join her. It was a great moment.

Can you get some pics I'd love to see some Finnish geese.. I like that name for your Embden.What is the difference between a Embden and a Finnish Embden?

My Embden ganders name is Samson but we all call him Sammy or Sam.

My others are Missy, Babe [both Toulouse]  and Toots {Buff} when she honks she sounds like  a horn . 
No difference....just the name...he's been gone now for about fifteen years...seems like a lifetime sometimes...all I have now are dogs and chickens...and enjoying them both.

Back
Top Bottom