What digs holes like this?

Have you tried smoking it out? Or run the hose through it. Now I just HAVE to know what's in there....
caf.gif

I put mothballs in the ones in my yard--seems like hundreds of them. They fell in deep enough that I couldn't see the mothball anymore. The next day, the mothballs were out of the hole and on the ground. I have seen something silvery and fast dart in, that's why I think it's a lizard of some sort. One or so making lots of holes, not hundreds of lizards (I'm sure I'd see one if there were hundreds).

Oooh, oooh .... Scorpions?????
I don't think it's a scorpion. The one's I've seen mainly hide under rocks and such.
I also don't think it's a snake. I don't believe they have the ability to burrow.
A mouse? Again I don't think so, there are too many other places for them to hang out, including old cars.

Too small for a rat.
A tarantula maybe, but that's no real threat to a chicken. Tarantulas are way less poison then TV would have you think.
It might be a cheeseburger monster, but I've never heard of or seen one.

I guess we're back to the elusive Chupacabbra.

Tut …. Open the window and let that theory out … I blame Google Images
wink.png

OK, so next theory ….. Beetle?

We have Rhinoceros Beetles in the garden and their larvae can chew a fairly impressive hole in pretty hard ground and also through timber.

How about putting some flour or white powder around the hole to see if you get some tracks?

If no tracks, eg. Tiny Spidey foot prints or rodent paw prints .. could be a larvae which is not going to come out until it has developed.

Also, larvae would explain why nothing showed itself when you flushed out the hole; they are not going to come scampering out like a spider, scorpion or rodent.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom