What do I do about the chicken's water freezing!!!

chickensrock12

Songster
8 Years
Sep 22, 2015
Utah
So, every day I go outside and have to get a new bowl of water because the water is freezing. I bought a water heated dog bowl for 20.00. It doesn't work, what do I do?

Take it back. I bought a big green heated dog bowl and by the time I needed it, it was too late to return it.

In the meantime, you can use black rubber bowls with a birdbath heater in them.

Me too I got it off of Amazon and it worked fine for about two weeks. Then it stopped working. To ship it back it's 17.46 and they said I only had 10 days to return it or the deal is off. Makes me so mad I've had it for about a month. Should I buy a new one.

I'd buy a new one.

Or do what was stated and use the rubber bowls with the birdbath heater.

Or, if you can make a homemade heat source that would be even a better bet. As you will be the one putting it together and then are able to fix it.

Oh, ok thanks. I'll have to try the rubber bird heater and thank you so much. Yesterday I bought a new dog water heater bowl with a discount. Instead of 19.99, I can get it for 14.99.
celebrate.gif

I just caution people with Mediterranean or other roosters with huge wattles about using open water containers. They will dip the wattles in the water and they'll freeze.

I just caution people with Mediterranean or other roosters with huge wattles about using open water containers. They will dip the wattles in the water and they'll freeze.

Exactly. La Fleche males with their long pendulous wattles are the same way.

I run a light bulb in a cinder block underneath my waterers.

Back
Top Bottom