What do I do now!!

I candled them 2 days ago. On 17 they were candled and all was good so I prepared for lockdown with the 20-21 being hatch date. I candled one last on the 18th just to be sure. But no movement all black couldn't even find the aircell. Decided to give them until the 23rd. Here we are now.

Ok so given that they were last checked on the 18th, then the most that they could have internally peeped would be 24 hrs ago. Give our take a few. That means that if he's not out by this time tomorrow, you're going to have to assist him, but I'm assuming he's getting ready to put on a show for you lol. How's your humidity look?

And make sure to keep him in there and locked down, he'll be on his way shortly if everything goes correctly. Don't freak out, it's this the only one that has hatched/is hatching?

I've got 4 small bowls of water in there. But no fog but the ventilation plugs are out so is that ok?

It's there any way for you to get the humidity up without opening the unit? It is critical that it not be opened until absolutely necessary.

Also go to YouTube on your phone and play a video of baby chicks hatching/peeping. It will encourage your little guy to be with the "others". Only do this a little at a time, he will need his rest. Let me know how it goes. Is he making any progress on the shell yet?

Back
Top Bottom