What do I have going on here? (Breed question)

FeatherQueen3

Songster
Jan 13, 2023
Central NC
I have a blue slate tom that I am crossing over my Narragansett hen. Porters turkey calculator says this should be producing barred slate and barred black poults but I am getting these light brown/yellowy looking poults. I don’t know what breed to label it. Any ideas?

Posting pics of poult, blue slate Tom, and narri hen.

Attachments

• IMG_5769.jpeg
    IMG_5769.jpeg
    767.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5443.jpeg
    IMG_5443.jpeg
    955.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2892.jpeg
    IMG_2892.jpeg
    971.7 KB · Views: 13
I have a blue slate tom that I am crossing over my Narragansett hen. Porters turkey calculator says this should be producing barred slate and barred black poults but I am getting these light brown/yellowy looking poults. I don’t know what breed to label it. Any ideas?

The breed is easy, it is the breed Turkey.

Based on your images, I do not believe you have a Narragansett hen.

@austria89

Oh! What do you think she is? I got her as an assortment and assumed she was a Narrigansett. Could she be a bronze? If my memory serves me correctly I don’t think bronze was an option in the assortment but who knows.

Well. Upon looking at pics of bronze hens I don’t think she is one. Maybe a golden narrigansett? I still don’t see a match for her poults on porters calculator. lol. Weird. Unless it’s a very diluted rusty slate or very diluted rusty black. Hmm.

Well. Upon looking at pics of bronze hens I don’t think she is one. Maybe a golden narrigansett? I still don’t see a match for her poults on porters calculator. lol. Weird. Unless it’s a very diluted rusty slate or very diluted rusty black. Hmm.
That's why I tagged the expert.

Can you make a picture in daylight?
Probably a Dilute Rusty Slate

Back
Top Bottom