what do i need to know about pheasents????????????

First thing you should know about pheasants is how to spell it correctly. That way when search for info online, you can find it. LOL No hard feelings, it was just the first suggestion that came to mind.
wink.png

My favorites are the Red Goldens. I think they are stunning and I have been told they are some of the easiest to keep as far as ornamental pheasants go. When I get pheasants, I will be getting some Red Golden pheasants. They are my most favorite or the most common ornamental pheasants.

I say do your research on pens and feeding and stuff and then go get ya a pair or beautiful birds!

-Kim

If they are golden pheasants, you should have no trouble with them. Sometimes you'll get an agressive male and you may need to do something then. But 9 times out of 10 the goldens are the least agressive and the easiest to raise. They are very colorful and easy, so a good breed to start with.

For the pen size, if you can try to give them atleast a 5' x 10' pen for a pair. If you want a trio of them then probably better build a bigger pen closer to the 10'x10' range. Remember bigger is usually better when it comes to bird pens. Provide the hen with some cover, simply done by placing something in the corner so she can feel secluded and hidden.

Back
Top Bottom