What do wild pigeons eat?

ZobiCat1

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 3, 2009
So I have a little bit of a situation here. I think I will be getting a wild baby pigeon in about 17 days. What do they eat? Before we took care of a crow, and my sister had to feed it chopped up worms from the blender!
sickbyc.gif

I don't know what the babies eat but the adults eat almost anything. I call them the rats of the sky.

Quote:
The ones who called them rats of the sky were pest control salesman.
hmm.png
Pigeons are highly adaptable birds who have learned to live "comensally" along side humans. Grain products are the preferred diet. They will travel far to get it too.

haha you two pigeon defenders!!!
hugs.gif

You guys dont knwo how bad I'd love to make or invest in a bird net gun thing and catch me some local feathered ratties I just love them....when we go to the store, on our way there we pass through a town full of them flying all around and i aways pretend ot call oout to them "free food and board.....i'll love you tooo....." no one ever follows me home though
hit.gif

btw...i raised true fancy rats, those things can go for very pretty pennies as well... seen em go for $50, i always sold mine above feeder price though...
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom