What do y’all think? Hens or Roosters?!

Well they’re my mom’s chickens, and she said she doesn’t want that. She’s been pretty firm about not eating an egg that’s been fertilized for some reason.
My mom had the same problem with fertilized eggs. Flash forward now and I still have my EE rooster and he’s great. She makes those eggs for breakfast every morning now without any problems.

Good luck! Hope you keep them!
My dad is going to try and convince her to keep ONE. So the question is, do we keep the Red or the EE? We want to pick the right one, we plan to free range them soon and we do have small children who come visit grandma and grandpa.

My dad is going to try and convince her to keep ONE. So the question is, do we keep the Red or the EE? We want to pick the right one, we plan to free range them soon and we do have small children who come visit grandma and grandpa.
I’d say watch them closely and pick the one that behaves better. Look for the rooster that will be respectful and protect the hens.

I’d say watch them closely and pick the one that behaves better. Look for the rooster that will be respectful and protect the hens.
Thank you for the advice!!! Going to do my best to keep at least one! Wish I had my own land I’d just take them both and build them separate areas lol

Back
Top Bottom