What do you charge for a dozen?

Quote:
Made me think of Bubba in Forrest Gump... "Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich."

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
I totally agree. I gave eggs away in the beginning, and still occasionally do, but if I have to pay for their food, I need to get reimbursed. Most people would probably feel bad if they didn't pay for them. I charge $2.50 a doz.

If you aren't sure what to charge in your area just go to craigslist and type in "eggs" and see what others are charging.

We charge 3.00 it helps offset feed cost. .50 cents per dozen is donated to the pink ribbion riders for men and women with breast cancer.
thumbsup.gif
this is one way to show my kids that we need to give to others.
My parents get free eggs.

Are all your chicks hens? You might be counting eggs before you really have them. Somewhere as a kid I heard "Dont count your chickens until they bite you in the lip" & that always stuck in my mind. Around here they sell for $3.00 dz

i sell them for $2.50 with carton.. $2 without carton..
only my mom gets free ones... the organic "freerange" eggs at the healthfood store sell for $5 a dozen they should be HAPPY with my price!!!

i charge 2.00 a dozen around here not really n it 4 the money...just helps the chickens eat good....everybody gets charged but if its somebody new for the first time i give them a dozen for free to let them see how good they r then they r hooked on the eggs:D

Hi,

I sort my eggs by size (mix colors, though, except green) and sell them accordingly. I give them to my next door neighbor (they have to put up with the chickens cackling all the time) and to my two sisters-in-law, but they hardly ever want any, anyway.

I ask more for the green EE eggs because you never see them around here...and they sell!

This is the sign I made up with my prices:

egg%20sign%20small.jpg

Good luck! Genie

Back
Top Bottom