What do you do for a living?

Chicky Joy

Songster
11 Years
Jun 22, 2008
I am currently working at our family owned gas station/convenience store, working as a Medicare Care Provider, and I just started as the deputy township clerk. I am also going to school online for elementary education. I'm about 2/3 of the way through my program.

What do you do for a living?

I am a "stay at home" wife. My children are grown, married and live in other states. My husband is a rabbi of a small congregation. So I am a "rebbetzin" (wife of a rabbi) That means I am "chief cook and bottle washer" of the congregaton.

I currently homeschool my children. Not much income in that one, but I have to say that it is much more rewarding and satisfying then any amount of money could ever be.
wink.png

I'm so grateful to have a husband that is willing to work so hard to support our family so that I can stay home.
smile.png

I have farm animal sanctuary. It doesn't make much money. But it is sooooo rewarding. To pay for feed I work part time at a Vet Clinic. I love it!!!! So much to learn and so interesting.

LOL...well, having read what you're working toward education-wise, I hate to say this. But after eleven years of teaching (was in the military prior to that), I resigned this past summer and am currently substitute teaching. Teaching can be very gratifying. It will be one of the hardest things you'll ever do if you're dedicated, but you will make a difference in the lives of others. The paperwork involved these days will wear you down. Ignore the pressure of "test scores" and just try your best to do right by your students. That's my advice for the career you're pursuing. Substitute teaching allows me to work part-time, and with no paperwork or pressure to up test scores. Good luck with your schooling!

Back
Top Bottom