What do you do with your chickens when they die?

I buried a couple birds 20 years ago and the next morning a racoon had dug them up and left their half eaten carcasses on the ground. Ever since them I have been cremating my dead birds in my burn barrel along with the dead coon I caught in a trap a couple days later.
20 or 30 feed sacks along with some limbs and sticks that have fallen in the yard and everything turns into ashes in a couple hours or so.

Country folk used to pour a little diesel fuel on the ground where something had to be buried. The diesel covers up the odor to prevent canines from digging it up.

Hello ya'll

Since I recently lost 2 of my favorite chickens for unrelated issues. It got me to thinking...what do you do with your chickens when they die? Do you bury them? Throw them in the trash? Eat them? I am curious. I have started a chicken cemetery it seems. That is definitely not my future plan. I was just curious to know what everyone does with their chickens when they die.

Thanks!
I recently lost my chicken and I decided to bury her close to where we buried our cat in the summer,my soil only goes 2ft down cos of clay so I put homemade raised beds over top so it’s nearly 5ft deep to avoid anything trying to dig them up xxx

Hello ya'll

Since I recently lost 2 of my favorite chickens for unrelated issues. It got me to thinking...what do you do with your chickens when they die? Do you bury them? Throw them in the trash? Eat them? I am curious. I have started a chicken cemetery it seems. That is definitely not my future plan. I was just curious to know what everyone does with their chickens when they die.

Thanks!
How you doing,when the skinny one stops laying it will become worm food the other on my weber

I've only had chickens for a year and a half. I've lost 2 in that time. I had a hen killed by a predator who was behaving strangely, so I opted to put her in the burn bin. I had a chick die at 3 days and I put her out in the grass for a wild critter.

We just lost our little (big) Josie and she shares the veggie garden aka "The pet cemetery" together with her sister and one brother who went before her. Two have even a grave stone... ❤️.

Hello ya'll

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom