What Do you feed your ducks?

lol my magpies eat my tamatos. Doesnt matter if you put a fence around them they get to em' anyway
lol.png
They can fit through the fence wiring somehow? whenever i go out there the ducks are inside the fencing eating the tamatos right off the plant.

Last edited:
I feed my ducks and geese the dumor layer crumbles that my chickens eat, along with all kinds of scraps------lettuce, tomatoes, green beans, corn, peas, pasta, potato salad, meat (which love), scrambled eggs, bread, crackers, and even stale chips. They all go crazy when they see me coming with the "scrap bucket"!

I feed my duckd Mazuri Waterfowl Maintence, It's on the expensive side but in my oppinion it's the best feed out there. My girls feather condition has improved rapidly and I've even noticed a diffrence in their eggs.
I have heard nothing but possitives about this feed. If your looking for a new duck feed that's my recomendation.

Emily

I feed my duckd Mazuri Waterfowl Maintence, It's on the expensive side but in my oppinion it's the best feed out there. My girls feather condition has improved rapidly and I've even noticed a diffrence in their eggs.
I have heard nothing but possitives about this feed. If your looking for a new duck feed that's my recomendation.

Emily

Found this when I was shopping around. I feed my ducks Mazuri! That's what the breeder had them on and that's what we give them. We just ran out and so I was trying to see what else we could feed them. Maybe my ducks are pampered, but they aren't showing a lot of interest in the chicken food.

We have 3 chickens and 1 duck. They all eat scratch grains and crumble. We also feed them cooked or raw oatmeal, Cheerios, salad greens, sprouts, veggies, fruit, melon, crackers, whole grain bread scraps, etc.. They enjoy occasional leftover pasta. All are very healthy.
yippiechickie.gif

hello, i was wondering if anyone knows if ducks can eat cooked chicken eggs. when my young hens started laying i cooked the eggs and fed them back to them for extra calcium and protien. my young ducks have just started laying. so i was thinking of either cooking chicken eggs or their eggs and feeding them back to them to ensure they are getting enough calcium. my ducks do not free range they are on the same feed as my hens plus scratch, grit, clover (when available), drie meal worms (which they love and beg like dogs for me to add to the water. i am also thinkng of giving them cooked oatmeal and frozen peas and corn as the weather is getting colder and i thought adding those would help give them more energy to fight the cold. was also thinkng of giving those to my guinea fowl as well. i am new to fowl however, with all the great advice on this site my birds are all healthly and beautiful. i am just a little stressed about my first winter with them all. i don't want to lose any of them.
fl.gif

hello, i was wondering if anyone knows if ducks can eat cooked chicken eggs. when my young hens started laying i cooked the eggs and fed them back to them for extra calcium and protien. my young ducks have just started laying. so i was thinking of either cooking chicken eggs or their eggs and feeding them back to them to ensure they are getting enough calcium. my ducks do not free range they are on the same feed as my hens plus scratch, grit, clover (when available), drie meal worms (which they love and beg like dogs for me to add to the water. i am also thinkng of giving them cooked oatmeal and frozen peas and corn as the weather is getting colder and i thought adding those would help give them more energy to fight the cold. was also thinkng of giving those to my guinea fowl as well. i am new to fowl however, with all the great advice on this site my birds are all healthly and beautiful. i am just a little stressed about my first winter with them all. i don't want to lose any of them.
fl.gif

You can try, mine will NOT eat anything like that, but my birds all free range so really don't get treats. Heck my chickens hate oatmeal too lol I will toss some Romaine on occasion to give greens in our long winters but otherwise, i have a staple complete feed, whole corn and the rest they can go find!

I have just begun the journey of duck & chicken raising. I have 3 ducklings about 4 wks old. Their brooder box (they are with 5 chicks) is always soaking wet, and there is alot of wasted food. Is there any way to change this? I put shavings in the bottom of the box, and they absorb quite a bit of the water. My ducklings are going through about 3 gallons of water a day. Am I doing anything wrong? Should I be concerned. Also, When is a good time to introduce ducklings to my flock of chickens. I have 5 other Chickens that are 10 wks old. I'm just not sure when you're supposed to introduce them, and what to watch for when I do. Please help!!

I have both ducks and chickens. They are in separate pens right now. The ducks free range a little, but the chickens aren't big enough yet that I feel comfortable letting them out. I'm new to all of this. I read that you shouldn't give cracked corn to chickens. Fills them up too much that they might not get enough nutrients. Is this true for ducks also? I have only been throwing them a handful morning and night. There's four of them. The ducks are about 8 weeks. They are on chick starter/grower. I can't find duck food here. There is all flock, but I thought that might be just for the adult ducks and chickens.

Thanks for any help.[

Back
Top Bottom