What do you gather eggs in?! Pics?

Besides they eat a lot? Many of our neighbors and friends have them, so we know a little.

you will have lots of fun.

I am a great fan of jumping in with both feet!
big_smile.png

The thing with the meat birds, after the first week or two, lots of people remove the feed over night (for about 12 hours) to get them to grow just a little more slowly so that the risk of them dieing due to heart failure or leg problems is a bit reduced.

Just read up a bit, it isn't anything complicated.

and,

yuckyuck.gif

Besides they eat a lot? Many of our neighbors and friends have them, so we know a little.

if you leave the feed out 24/7 like with normal birds they can become lame and break bones under their own weight\die of heart attacks etc. so it is very important to keep them an a proper feeding shedclue and make sure they forage as much as humanly possible it takes them about 1-3 weeks extra to get to weight. But you won't have the horrible experience i had with them the 4 birds that we raised had to be culled Early because of attention to their well being.

if you leave the feed out 24/7 like with normal birds they can become lame and break bones under their own weight\die of heart attacks etc. so it is very important to keep them an a proper feeding shedclue and make sure they forage as much as humanly possible it takes them about 1-3 weeks extra to get to weight. But you won't have the horrible experience i had with them the 4 birds that we raised had to be culled Early because of attention to their well being.

Silly question. You're talking about the cornish cross, right? I ordered the barbecue special from McMurray & they're just a mix of heavy breeds. I leave my feed out 24/7. Am I not supposed to?

Silly question. You're talking about the cornish cross, right? I ordered the barbecue special from McMurray & they're just a mix of heavy breeds. I leave my feed out 24/7. Am I not supposed to?

yeah we had the Cornish cross if they aren't "meat birds" their shouldn't be a issue with their bones etc it's very obvious if they do. but if they start having issues just put them on a feeding shedlule and the issues normally take care of them self's within a few days as long as they aren't cornish crosses

yeah we had the Cornish cross if they aren't "meat birds" their shouldn't be a issue with their bones etc it's very obvious if they do. but if they start having issues just put them on a feeding shedlule and the issues normally take care of them self's within a few days as long as they aren't cornish crosses

and no question is silly every broading information is how we keep sane

I use a wire basket that is coated in plastic so the eggs don't break. I get around 50-60 eggs a day. One time I put some eggs in my shirt pocket and I must of forgotten about them and then a leaned down and the eggs came pouring out. Also, I have resorted to using my shirt or hat to hold eggs. I also have two wire baskets from the sixties from my Grandmother which work well enough.

Back
Top Bottom