What do you think of these guys?

Very interesting, and cute as a button!
big_smile.png

Well if you crossed it back, wouldn't be sex link ,should get both colors in both sex. My guess look more like D'Uccle with some being laced rose comb

thats interesting... hummm So what would happen if I breed the roo to the hen? Would they keep the "sex-link" coloring? Or would I just have to stick with breeding the D'Uccle and the Sebright? Which would be a neat trick since we no long have our D'Uccle Roo. Im really more curious how it all works? Just in case we just HAVE to have more... LOL​

Im just catching up on some of these comments...

You shouldn't get rid of any of those cute lil' roos!
I am serious! You should start breeding those! I and I'm sure many others would pay for some of those hatching eggs!

I wish we could get more... but Daddy D'Uccle has a new home... I wonder if they would let us borrow him. hahaha I think my husband would send me off to the funny farm!!! But I am REALLY curious how we could get more like them... any thoughts??? Since we dont have the D'Uccle anymore. I still have the Sebright hen and I have a D'Uccle hen... hummm Maybe I can talk the hubby into a Sebright Roo? I think he would flip his lid if I said I wanted another rooster... We have 7 as it is!!!
gig.gif
Which is why he wants us to find new homes for these boys! They are the ones that crow at 4 am...
hide.gif

Quote:
I wish we could get more... but Daddy D'Uccle has a new home... I wonder if they would let us borrow him. hahaha I think my husband would send me off to the funny farm!!! But I am REALLY curious how we could get more like them... any thoughts??? Since we dont have the D'Uccle anymore. I still have the Sebright hen and I have a D'Uccle hen... hummm Maybe I can talk the hubby into a Sebright Roo? I think he would flip his lid if I said I wanted another rooster... We have 7 as it is!!!
gig.gif
Which is why he wants us to find new homes for these boys! They are the ones that crow at 4 am...
hide.gif

Oh dear ....
wink.png

Now all you need is a incubator and you'll be set!

Now all you need is a incubator and you'll be set

Tehe.. thats how we got these guys... My awesome amazing son built one!!!
woot.gif
And we have been itching lately to put that baby back to work!!
bun.gif
lau.gif
If someone would have told me I would someday be addicted to chickens I would have laughed at them. But here I am... fighting to keep my addiction from taking over our backyard! Im just glad I have my son to tag along with me! LOL​

You need to let the addiction take over ... go out to your coop and gather eggs and secretly put them in the incubator without letting DH know!

I like how you think! It looks like we will HAVE to do that... One of our little Se'Uccle hens died suddenly yesterday!
hit.gif
We have no idea why... but we are all heart broken. My poor son has worked so hard with his chickens and he was crushed. Just broke my heart to see him in tears. (Not his normal upbeat teen-self) The really interesting thing ds pointed out was that not one of our 7 roosters crowed for the rest of the day. So not like them.​

Quote:
I like how you think! It looks like we will HAVE to do that... One of our little Se'Uccle hens died suddenly yesterday!
hit.gif
We have no idea why... but we are all heart broken. My poor son has worked so hard with his chickens and he was crushed. Just broke my heart to see him in tears. (Not his normal upbeat teen-self) The really interesting thing ds pointed out was that not one of our 7 roosters crowed for the rest of the day. So not like them.

Oh .. I'm sooooo sorry!
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Thanks Mrs. Fluffy Puffy... I needed that hug! On the bright side, this did modivate us to get to work on that larger coop! I needed ds to have a good distraction, so... he took his frustrations out by removing nails from old boards we had in the yard. Now we will have more room for more chickens! When the coop is finished that is. lol Guess we might just get our Se'Uccle breeding up and running after all... maybe? lol
hu.gif
Just have to see if we can redo what we did to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom