What do you use in your nesting boxes???

Shavings. my nest boxes are 4 feet high in the coop. i use plex deck board with slats so poo goes through.

the shavings are great. if it gets poo on it, i just scoop it out and put more in.

Shavings. my nest boxes are 4 feet high in the coop. i use plex deck board with slats so poo goes through.

the shavings are great. if it gets poo on it, i just scoop it out and put more in.

Cyrixlord.... do you have pics of the boxes? I'm having trouble picturing how they are done.

I saw some stackable cubes with pop lids for sale at the dollar store yesterday. I like the idea of being able to close off a nest box if necessary. They are totally plastic, so would be easy to clean, and look to be the exact right size!

I plan to use hay and shavings together. Hay on the bottom to fill up the box to the proper level, shavings on top for easier cleaning.​

Quote:
4 ft. high ? Man , rule of thumb is like 12 - 18 inches . Heck my whole COOP is not but 2 ft. off the ground . I can not imagine having nesting boxes 4 ft. high .
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom