What do YOU use to collect your eggs?

<sigh> Well, so much for cute little red wire egg basket I've been using for 2 years. Hubby decided he didn't need it tonight to get eggs after we got home from Billngs...he could just carry them in in his pockets, right? I don't think he expected 12 eggs. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a jacket to wash.
barnie.gif
Blooie, you make my cheek muscles hurt!!!

Quote:
Love that broody pose. I can just hear the pteradactyl screech coming out of her.

Happy Anniversary, Blooie!

LG, I'm so sorry about your cheeks....anything I can do to help?
hide.gif
Thanks for the anniversary wish - we usually keep the off-year ones pretty low key but by golly when that official one rolls around I'm shouting from the rooftops!
ya.gif

LG, I'm so sorry about your cheeks....anything I can do to help?
hide.gif
Thanks for the anniversary wish - we usually keep the off-year ones pretty low key but by golly when that official one rolls around I'm shouting from the rooftops!
ya.gif
And well you should! It's quite an accomplishment!

And he's been married to a chicken wrangler how long..? :lol: Just be glad y'all don't have to deal with Blondie!
Yikes! I have one very crotchety broody who tries to sit at least once a month and looks exactly like that when she is under the spell. I swear shes going to drive me crazy. She is in the broody buster right now after being out all of 2 days
1f644.png

:oops: I have an OEGB who thinks she's a quarter-pound of mean mama! I proudly boast 9 unique scars on my arms- all courtesy of the dear mommy bird! In the rare instance she's off the nest (about 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000 seconds), she will actually SPUR you like a rooster! And that sound she makes... :oops:
It's a cross between nails on a chalkboard, a poodle howling, a cat vomiting, and a parrot screeching. :oops:
Next time Starlight goes broody, I have a room booked at the local Holiday Inn for 21 days...

BROODY STSRLIGHT IS COMING TO COOP!
BROODY STARLIGHT IS COMING TO COOP!
BROODY STARLIGHT
IS
COMING
TO TOWN!!!
You'd better watch out, you'd better not trip.
You'd better not walk outside!
I'M TELLING YOU WHY-
BROODY STARLIGHT
IS
COMING
:oops: TO TOWN!!! :oops:

:oops: I have an OEGB who thinks she's a quarter-pound of mean mama! I proudly boast 9 unique scars on my arms- all courtesy of the dear mommy bird! In the rare instance she's off the nest (about 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000 seconds), she will actually SPUR you like a rooster! And that sound she makes... :oops:
It's a cross between nails on a chalkboard, a poodle howling, a cat vomiting, and a parrot screeching. :oops:
Next time Starlight goes broody, I have a room booked at the local Holiday Inn for 21 days...

BROODY STSRLIGHT IS COMING TO COOP!
BROODY STARLIGHT IS COMING TO COOP!
BROODY STARLIGHT
IS
COMING
TO TOWN!!!
You'd better watch out, you'd better not trip.
You'd better not walk outside!
I'M TELLING YOU WHY-
BROODY STARLIGHT
IS
COMING
:oops: TO TOWN!!! :oops:

I have a couple of hens like that, I just grab them by the neck firmly but not to rough to hurt them. Works like a charm. I have a pretty nice hen brooding now, unlike the last one on that hatched out 9 chicks she was a like your starlight but I'm still the big bird of the coop.

Last edited:
Nothing cute or fancy here. I have a rolling bowl system. A bowl sets on the kitchen counter for scraps. When it gets full it goes to the coop. The next day, I collect the empty bowl and put the eggs in it. I have 2-3 stainless steel bowls I use for this.

Otherwise, the shirt is great. I'm leery of pockets, though...too many pocket omelettes have been made here
roll.png

I do the same with a rolling bowl here. We get 6 or 7 eggs day from my seven hens and an empty black plastic Chinese food container sits by the sink every day to collect scraps. I just dump it into the run and let them all come flying out at it while I gather the eggs. The container fits them just tight enough so that they don't roll around and bump into each other.

Back
Top Bottom