What do your kids call your mother?

maternal g'ma - NiNi (nigh-nigh) because my oldest daughter was trying to say Night Night thinking that when g'ma said, "Let's go Night Night" she meant to her, not with her it just stuck. now all the family calls her that.

i call my paternal g'ma Mum.

my children call their paternal great-g'ma Lacy Grandma because her name is Lacy Viola Francis. they thought the name Lacy was pretty. no one calls her Lacy though. just my kids. they picked that.

MY mom wanted to be called Nana, but when DS first started talking he said it Neena (Nana but with long e sound instead) and she LOVED it...so now 6 years later she's Neena and will be for all future grandkids! The other grandma is granny.

My MIL has an Italian backround. Grandma in Italian is Nonna. My children call her Nonni. My mother is Dutch so my children call her Oma.
big_smile.png

My mother did not want a typical "grandmother" name, so I found the Hebrew for g-ma and g-pa....

Softa and Saba...but my son couldn't pronounce it when he was little so he started calling her Salsa...and now that is what she is!!!

It was really funny when I offered him some salsa for his chips and he started looking for her...
smile.png

My mother goes by Granny. Only because (and believe me I have been hearing this for 16 years!)

She wanted to be "nana" like the old english sheep dog in peter pan. However, my ex's mother(who already had grand kids) already went with that name. So my mother in her ever maddening martyrdom, sacrificed her life long wish to be called "nana" by her grandchildren and has suffered with Granny ever since.
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

My dad was called "popster". I started that when I was a teen. I had heard something about calling your father "pop". (We always called him "papa"). He told me I'd better NEVER call him "pop" or "pops". So like the bratty teenager, I did and it morphed into "popster" when the grandkids started showing up. Apperently coming from my little blonde, curly-headed toddler, Popster was cute!!

Man, I miss my dad!

We have Gram (my mother who refuses to be called grandma because it sound to old
roll.png
), Grammy (my step-mom), Grandma (my MIL), and Nana (my other MIL - DH's step-mom). All of the Grandpas are just called Papa here (there's only 2).
smile.png

I called my grandma..."granma" or "gama". My boys call my mother "gramma" and my step-dad, "granpa" or "papa" (when my son was really young) And my mother-in-law "granma Necia" (because Necia is her name) and her husband is "granpa Jim". They didn't spend that much time with them when they were younger. And they call my DH's dad, "granpa Pat."

Back
Top Bottom