What does a white crested duck egg look like?

Quack Shack

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
Winston-Salem
I have 5 ducks. Two are rouen and they have been laying for awhile now but a smaller duck egg appeared that isn't like the others. My cresteds are the younger of the lot and they are due to start laying. Is what I found the first starts of the cresteds beginning to lay or a rouen uh-oh? Anyone know? I'll post a pic as soon as I locate my 11 year old camera man. He's doing chores right now.

roll.png

My crested female is white and huge she is like 12lbs Her eggs are an off white color and jumbo size..They are big..She is stiiting on them so I cant get a pic..She is also sitting on mallard egg they are alot smaller and light green..

Oh, thank you for the info. Yes, the 'ducklings' are the biggets birds out there. I don't think they are quite that heavy yet but at the rate they are growing since their last molt, I wouldn't doubt they could tip ths scales. My Rouens' eggs have a mottled white appearance and are sitting next to the Bantam egg in the pic. Couldn't get a true representation of them but they are decidedly different from your green eggs. I bet the green eggs are pretty. Well, then it looks like one of the ducklings is at least make an attempt at laying so that's great news! We'll have some great fun next Spring coloring eggs with so many different types from the girls.

Wahoo! That's great news. Now a stupid question for you, does your male have a dominant pinfeather? Are do you really just tell by their water, um, behavior?

Back
Top Bottom