What feather color does this Silkie chick have?

She looks a lot like mine did, including the wings. She is 3 months old now and it's hard to see by the way she is standing but underneath the wings, she has the same coloring that yours does. It was just a lot more prominent when she was just starting to feather out.

So pretty, Shannondee12! I love how fluffy your gal is!

These Silkies are a marvel to me - it'll be fun to watch what color she ends up being! Thanks again for sharing a photo of yours...

Here she is at 3 weeks (photo taken yesterday). She's going through her awkward teen phase, so I feel a little embarrassed for her!

Any guesses on gender? (As you can tell, I'm wishfully thinking it's going to be a pullet!)

Very cute. You won't be able to tell until the chick is about 8 weeks old at the earliest, maybe even several months old. If you're really impatient (like I am!) you can collect a feather from the chick and send for DNA testing to determine gender.

Thanks for the heads up about the DNA testing! As tempting as that would be, I'll wait patiently and learn the old fashioned way... til s/he crows or lays an egg! :)

Here she is at 3 weeks (photo taken yesterday). She's going through her awkward teen phase, so I feel a little embarrassed for her!

Any guesses on gender? (As you can tell, I'm wishfully thinking it's going to be a pullet!)

I am super interested as to what coloring your chick ended up looking like? I have 2 that have very similar coloring and I'd like a snapshot of their future. ;)

Back
Top Bottom