What Gender Are We??

Padfoot417

Chirping
8 Years
May 31, 2011
Massachusetts
Hey all,
I had my little "Silkinique" hen Sinatra sitting on 5 eggs, 4 of which hatched. Unfortunately the last one died very close to hatching
sad.png

But I've got 4 little ones and not too much clue about what they could be!
I had hatched just a single chick before under my Silkie hen, but it turned out to be a rooster even though I was so sure he was a hen.
So I would really just like some opinions on what these little buggers could be! They are all just a day apart, and started hatching on September 26. I'll post the oldest first and youngest last.
They all hatched out of eggs laid by a white Orpington, except for the oldest; which was out of a Rhode Island Red.
I know the rooster could be either a RIR x Buff Brahma, or possibly a D'anver or D'uccle.
Thank you in advance for any help!!!
jumpy.gif

Raphael

Donatello

Leonardo

Michelangelo

The first two look like pullets. The third one is probably a pullet too, but the fourth one appears to be a cockerel based off of comb size. Post some more photos in a few weeks, though, for another opinion.

I'm not entirely sure what breed little Mikey is, but judging by his/her pattern I'm wondering if my D'uccle might've fertilized that egg. Mikey is half Orpington though, so hen or roo it's gonna be big! (or standard if mixed with D'uccle?) If I do end up with 3 pullets and a cockerel, I'd say that's pretty good luck! I will post more pictures as they grow, thank you for the replies!!

*UPDATE*

A few more pictures of these guys, I took them today. These chicks are about 2 months old now... I have some idea about what they're turning out to be but second opinions are always helpful! Thanks!
(Again posted oldest to youngest, only 4 days difference)

Raphael

Donatello

Leonardo

Michelangelo

I think pullets with Michaelangelo a roo. Leonardo might be a roo, but right now I'm leaning hen.

Since they are hybrid mixes (mutts), I find they mature a little faster and my hens get larger but yellow combs which can throw you a bit. I find that the males are still the ones that have large and red.

My guesses. Pretty mixes. I enjoy my mutts. They really make for some interesting color and variation in my flock.

Lady of McCamley

Back
Top Bottom