What happened to my little chick?

Jungleexplorer

Crowing
11 Years
Jan 19, 2012
Abilene, Texas
My Coop
My Coop
I have some chicks that are two weeks old. Today I noticed one hobbling around. I check it out and it's leg is totally side ways. It is not broken, it's like it grew that way, but I know it did not. It was fine when it hatched and I did not notice anything wrong with it until this morning. How could this happen? Is a disease, vitamin deficiency or something else?

Last edited:
I think she might have Spraddle Legs. Here is a link that could help if she does www.poultryhelp.com/spraddle.html I hope she gets well soon!
fl.gif

Thanks. That is good info, but I don't think it applies here. This chick was two weeks old before it's leg went sideways and it is in a brooder with a wire mesh bottom, so footing is not an issue. Also, it is just one leg, not both. The other leg is just fine.

He could deslocate or break it some chicken or thing could of miss placed its footing and squash his leg im so sorry about that :(

I have done a bit more research and I think your chick has Twisted Leg. The only treatment I could find was put a brace (like a band-aid) around the legs for a while.

Back
Top Bottom