What happened to this chicken???

Looks like a golden laced polish roo to me. Poor thing, I wonder what happened to it. Could it be molting possibly? Or his other chickens most likely picked all his feathers out. That happened to a blue orp. roo I got from PC. His tail is growing back in now, and he is a beauty.

Last edited:
I agree that it looks like a Golden-laced polish ROO. It still looks pretty young and maybe was with a bunch of other young roos or just a flock of too-crowded chickens and was the lowest or near-to lowest in the pecking order, i.e. got its feathers picked out and chased away from the food. Definately quaranteen it for at least 2-3 weeks before introduction to your birds. I bet if you returned it, something worse will happen to it. It sounds pretty traumatized already.

Last edited:
Well the guy took it back, we can't keep roosters here, or I would have kept it and tried to tame it. And also because we didn't have a separate housing for it...I felt bad giving it back to him, I'm not sure he's really taking care of the birds he has...

Im thinking cannabilism (sp?), think thats what its referred to anyway. Its when chickens pick the feathers and eat them because they are nutrient deficient.

Alittle time and love and you will have a beautiful polish there. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom