What incubator have you had success with ?

northeastDad

Chirping
Mar 3, 2017
New York
I have been using rcom 20 incubators for years with good success but even with routine cleaning and maintenance they seem to die after 3-4 years . I was curious what other people use and like .

I have been using rcom 20 incubators for years with good success but even with routine cleaning and maintenance they seem to die after 3-4 years . I was curious what other people use and like .

I had really good success with my old borrowed little giant 9200, but boy what a job to have the success lol. I just got the hovabator 1583 and am loving it. Brinsea and R Coms still have the highest ratings and the incuviews are gaining ground.

I started off using hovabator ( the cheap ones ) and did good with them . but then I upgraded to the rcom and loved it . But when you figure cost and longevity I think rcom are costing me

I started off using hovabator ( the cheap ones ) and did good with them . but then I upgraded to the rcom and loved it . But when you figure cost and longevity I think rcom are costing me

That's interesting. I know people love them for how well they incubate, but I've never really heard much about the longevity of them.

I'm NY too! Northern NY!

:frow

It's a small chicken world ! I'm 30 mins west of Albany . My first rcom died from mineral build up cause I didn't use distilled water . Lol so that one was my fault .

It's a small chicken world ! I'm 30 mins west of Albany . My first rcom died from mineral build up cause I didn't use distilled water . Lol so that one was my fault .

I've always used tap water, but I've always used styro, so there's not much in regards to components, to mess up...lol
I'm up past Watertown about 45 minutes from the Canadian border.

Your way up there and get the cold Canadian air and snow . I got a friend that has a camp up there on the river .

We definitely get the nor'eastern cold. The area I'm in isn't surrounded by rivers and lakes so we get less of the lake effect snow so we usually fair slightly better than some of our neighboring towns where snow is concerned, but we get our fair share...Lol

We definitely get the nor'eastern cold. The area I'm in isn't surrounded by rivers and lakes so we get less of the lake effect snow so we usually fair slightly better than some of our neighboring towns where snow is concerned, but we get our fair share...Lol

lol I'm sure you do . Your chickens houses have to be snow and cold rated like mine lol

lol I'm sure you do . Your chickens houses have to be snow and cold rated like mine lol

They've done real well. We've housed through 2 winters in the coops, one an old shed I fixed up and the other I built onto an existing shed. Have not lost one chicken to the cold or had anything more than slight case of frost bitten comb. We are looking at possibly moving before next winter, (closer to the snow belt... dumb, I know...lol) I'm considering insulating the next ones I build.

Back
Top Bottom