What is a chicken vs game bird?

She's pretty, American game? looks like a hatch or Round head to me, maybe blue face.
Definitely a green leg hatch.
I have taken in a coworker’s elderly father’s “chicken”. Someone has brought up that she may be a game bird/fowl. I’ve tried reading up and I don’t understand what a game fowl is and more importantly - can it live with my 8 hens and 4 older chicks? I don’t have a rooster but am suspicious that 1 of the chicks may be.

Can someone explain or point me to a resource that explains what a game bird is? Is it a type of chicken or not a chicken at all? Something like all labs are dogs but not all dogs are labs…

I’ve had her separated from my flock for a couple days now and should let her out soon. She does seem to have pretty thick feet/legs that have a tinge of green.
Looks like you have a Green Leg Hatch hen. It's an American Gamefowl breed. These are chickens of course, and can be treated just like any normal chicken. Some chickens may be more dominant or aggressive than others, not just gamefowl breeds, so it just depends on what chickens a gamefowl hen ends up with. Pure gamefowl breeds can be worth a lot ($50 to $1000 per chicken depending on breed, age, etc), but once you mix them, those children are essentially worthless ($10-$30 max). They may be expensive and different, but they're just chickens at the end of the day

Back
Top Bottom