What is a frilkie chicken?

SilkieSanctuary

In the Brooder
Sep 14, 2016
I am looking in to buying hatching eggs and papas poultry has silkie/sizzle/frilkie hatching eggs. I have never heard of a frilkie before. Would someone like to enlighten me on what they are crossed with and what they look like?

I am looking in to buying hatching eggs and papas poultry has silkie/sizzle/frilkie hatching eggs. I have never heard of a frilkie before. Would someone like to enlighten me on what they are crossed with and what they look like?
Never heard of it. My guess is that it might be a typo and "frilkie" should be "frizzle".

I get confused on the terminology when folks mix silkies and frizzles.

I'd ask Papa's. Everything I've heard says they have wonderful customer service. Send them an e-mail and see what they say.

I'm thinking it's a fully frizzled, silkie feathered bird, but I'm not sure.

who knows that that means, just like all the dog breed crosses, everyone wants to make up a name (chi-poo, yorki-poo, poo poo?) I think donrae is right and its a frizzle silkie.

I get confused on the terminology when folks mix silkies and frizzles.

I'd ask Papa's. Everything I've heard says they have wonderful customer service. Send them an e-mail and see what they say.

I'm thinking it's a fully frizzled, silkie feathered bird, but I'm not sure.
x2

A sizzle is a silkie/frizzle cross that has a standard feather curled upward.
A Frilkie is a silkie/frizzle cross that has a silkie's fuzzy feather and the frizzled upward curl.

Back
Top Bottom